| Ep 6 |

I quietly listen as our teacher, who's name is supposedly Mr. Thomas, introduces himself. He then works his way around the class, making each of us state our names and a fact about ourselves. I listen intently, trying my best to remember everyone's names. It isn't very hard when I've known a lot of these people since middle school.

There's Ashlyn Banner, who I've shared classes with since 7th grade. We were never close, but never hostile to one another either. I only ever spoke to her to ask her to repeat something I didn't hear the teacher say during lecture or when we were partnered up for assignments. I've always admired her long, red hair, since mine isn't anywhere close to such a beautiful color.

After her, our attention is moved over to one of the new students, Aiden Clark. It's incredible how that smile never leaves his face when he speaks. I listen as he lists all of these hobbies and I hear Tyler chuckle a little. I laugh too, but not in a judgmental way like how Ty was, but in a more amused way.

It was then supposed to be the other student's turn, the one sitting behind Aiden. But he was fast asleep and Mr. Thomas is too soft of a teacher to wake him up. Aiden introduced him for us, letting us know his name was Ben and they were cousins. It was a little bit of a surprise, since they looked nothing alike.

A couple more students share, like the twins and Logan Fields. I know Logan, merely because he's the reason I passed biology last year. He's always been a good kid, a quiet one too.

I stand up once it's my turn, clearing my throat beforehand, "I'm Y/N L/N. I like listening to music and picking on Tyler."

He whips his head around, glaring at me. I grin and earn a disappointed look from Mr. Thomas, "Y/N..."

"Fine, sorry," I sigh in defeat before switching my answer, "I'm pretty decent at archery. Oh, and I can play the guitar!"

"Alright, now that introductions are done," Mr. Thomas turns on the projector and brings our attention up to the board. My face falls when I read the big, bold letters on the screen, "Let's talk about the semester-long group project!"

Once he finishes explaining the project, we are instructed to gather with our chosen groups of seven. Tyler and Taylor both immediately push their desk near mine, now sitting on either side of me. I glance over at the new kid, Aiden and call him over,

"Y/N, right?" He asks with a grin. I nod and offer for him to join our group. I feel Tyler eye me skeptically as I invite them, "Yeah, sure! Cool if my cousin joins? Oh, and the Ashlyn girl too!"

I nod at both requests and we all stand up to expand our circle of desks. I watch as Taylor beckons Logan over to complete our group. We all settle into our seats, all facing each other. I get a good look at our group and realize it's almost entirely full of introverts. Fantastic...

As soon as Mr. Thomas opens his mouth to speak again, I doze off into space, staring blankly out the window. A few moments later, Tyler is tugging at my sleeve to snap me out of my trance.

"...Don't forget to have the slips signed and bring them back on Monday." The teacher concludes his instruction just as the bell goes off. I jolt in my chair and look around, very confused on what is going on. I watch as our group disperses, some walking over to Mr. Thomas' desk to pick up a salmon-colored paper.

I stand up and Taylor hands me my backpack, I then ask them both, "Slip? What slip?"

Tyler chuckles and explains, "Permission slips for our field trip to Savannah."

"Savannah?"

"Yeah," I jump up at the sound of Aiden's voice from behind us, "It's part of the project. What's your number so I can add you to the group chat?"

I take my phone out, but Ty rests his hand on my wrist and looks over at the blonde, "Group chat?"

Aiden nods, seeming unbothered by Tyler's hostile tone, "That way we can discuss the project outside of class. Isn't that obvious?"

I tell Aiden my number and the twins follow my lead, though Tyler hands his hesitantly. He thanks us before running off to go bug Ashlyn. It seems those two have grown close in just a day. Or more like, Ashlyn is trying her hardest to avoid him but he won't give up. It's amusing to watch since they are polar opposites. I walk over to the desk with the permission slips and hand one over to Taylor and then Tyler.

"I think this trip will be fun." I smile as I scan over the slip in my hands. Taylor nods in agreement and Tyler only shrugs before stuffing the paper in his bag.

---

A couple of hours after school ended, I am now sprawled out on Taylor's bed, watching her run around her room. I decided to stop by after I finished my homework and packing for the trip. Tay's currently in the process of packing her own suitcase, but it isn't going very well.

"What does one even wear to Savannah?! It's just a town full of ghost stories, nothing worthy of dressing up for." She complains as she rummages through her clothes, tossing shirts all over the place.

I slide off the bed, picking up every piece of clothing she throws behind her to avoid her messing up her room too much, "Then just dress casually. Like what you'd wear to school."

"Is that what you packed?" She asked with her head buried in one of the drawers.

"Pretty much. It's just one night, Taylor." I remind her, helping her relax just a bit.

I help her fold her clothes and put the ones she didn't want away. We settle on a few decent outfits, even though only one would do. She said that it never hurts to have an extra, just in case. I zip her suitcase shut and pat it, "All done."

"Thanks, Y/N."

A light tap is heard from her door and I turn around to see Tyler leaning against the doorframe, scanning the messy floors of his sister's bedroom,

He whistles in surprise, "Damn, Tay. Packing got you a little worked up?"

"It's hard having to choose just one outfit!" She pouts, placing her suitcase under her bed. She then walks around to pick up any remaining clothes and shoes. Tyler sits down on the bed beside me, leaving some room in between us so he could rest his hands behind his back.

I lean in and whisper to him, "She ended packing more than one anyway."

We both snicker, causing Taylor to squint her eyes at us before looking back over at her closet.