| Ep 30 |

Did not proofread this btw.

A few days later...

I'm stood next to Logan, who's huddled up atop a pile of tires. Mr. Banner and Tyler are currently sparring on a large mat, though it's mainly Tyler getting tossed around like a punching bag. I grimace every time he fails to deflect any of Ashlyn's dad's attacks.

We had all agreed that the graveyard was the most ideal place to train, seeing as there was plenty of empty space we could use.

My clothes and body had already gone through enough today, covered in dirt and scratches. I wasn't the only one; everyone else was in the same predicament as me.

I closely watch every movement Tyler makes, noticing how he was struggling to keep up with Mr. Banner's pace.

"You're doing great, Ty!" I shout as a means of encouragement. My voice catches his attention and I realize it was a mistake to speak when he tore his eyes away from Mr. Banner to look at me. I then watch with widened eyes when Mr. Banner sweeps Tyler off his feet, kicking his ankle while he was caught off-guard.

I let out a sigh and wince when Tyler falls on his back with a grunt.

"Make sure to keep your legs in check," Mr. Banner lends him a hand, offering some constructive feedback.

Tyler stares down at the ground in defeat for a few seconds before taking his hand and pulling himself back up onto his feet.

"Alright, Logan," Mr. Banner looks up at the nervously shaking boy beside me, "You're next"

I pat Logan's back reassuringly, "Go kick ass."

He slowly stands up from the tires and makes his way over to the mat, Tyler patting his shoulder as they walked past each other. We lock eyes and I give him a pitiful smile, in which he doesn't return.

He slouches down beside Ashlyn, looking up at me as I ran a hand through his messy hair, "I know, that was horrible. I don't want to hear it."

I plop down onto the tires where Logan had originally been at, "I wouldn't say horrible..."

Tyler scoffs, though he appreciated my effort. He then scratches his head, eyeing Ashlyn's dad, "Your dad's brutal."

"No one in the real world would take it easy on us," Ashlyn advises, "So he isn't going to either."

THUD!

We all jerk up, turning our heads toward the source of the crash. I chuckle when I see Ashlyn's mom pinning Ben down with ease. What a woman she is.

"Actually..." Tyler says, "...I might be more scared of your mom."

Ashlyn and I both grin at his comment, teasing him mercilessly.

Her parents eventually return to their house, leaving us alone in the graveyard. I jump up, stretching my arms restlessly. I bounce on my heels, scanning my group of friends standing in front of me tiredly,

"Who wants to go another round, huh?" I ask, reaching my arms up and over my head.

Taylor lets out an exhausted sigh, "You're crazy, Y/N-"

"Let's go." Tyler joins me on the mat, wiping the sweat off his forehead with the back of his hand.

Ashlyn groans, "Don't wear yourselves out."

"Yeah, Ty," I tease, getting in the defensive stance Mr. Banner had been teaching us, "Don't let me wear you out."

He clicks his tongue, narrowing his eyes as he mirrored my stance, "I'm about to tear up that annoying ego of yours."