| Ep 16 |

The room is awfully quiet. I hate it.

We're all too caught up in our own thoughts to be conversing with one another. I'm sat alone in the corner of the room, directly under the TV. I had managed to find an empty glass vase hidden in one of the cabinets in the bathroom and broke it in half, now working to sharpen the edges. I constantly found myself checking up on Ashlyn and Ben in the other corner across the room. He was working on cleaning up her wound on her arm and it wasn't going very well.

Ashlyn continued to squirm and whimper as Ben poured some antibiotic on it. I turned away from the sight, not wanting to feel nauseous. I continued sharpening the glass shards, nearly cutting myself from swiping too quickly.

The twins haven't said a word either, only whispering to each other occasionally. I could tell we were all still a little in shock from the heated arguments earlier. All I've wanted since then was to talk things out between Ty and I, but we're both too stubborn to be the bigger person.

My eyes then move over to Aiden standing by the wall, just as he is raising a glass bottle up. I cock my head to the side but then my eyes widen we he smashes it right into the wall, breaking it in half. I jump up at the sound of the glass shattering, seeing that it had also caught everyone else's attention.

"Aye, look," Aiden turns to us proudly, showing us what was left of the bottle, "Another weapon!"

"Hey, watch it!" Tyler furrows his brows up at the blonde, "You should've done that in the bathroom like how Y/N did. Now there's glass everywhere!"

I turn away at the mention of my name, not liking how his tone lacked the usual softness when he addressed me. I then peer over at the shards of glass scattered all over the floor near Aiden's feet. None of us were wearing shoes, still in our pajamas.

I slowly put down the shards in my hands and stand up, "I'll go get a broom to clean this before someone gets hurt-"

"No, I will. It's fine." Logan butts in and pushes up his glasses, already on his feet and out the door.

I plop back down and pick up where I left off. The room falls silent once again.

I narrow my eyes with every grind of the glass against the other. I test out the sharpness of one of the edges and feel satisfied, now moving onto the other side. As impatient as I am, I start swiping the edge faster, wanting to get this over with already.

From the corner of my eye, I see Tyler stand up and walk by me to toss a piece of the chair they were disassembling. He leaves it on the pile of other scraps by my feet and eyes me for a moment as I scrape the shard. I ignore his presence and continue to sharpen.

"At that speed, you're going to cut yourself-"

"I know what I'm doing." I say sternly, an obvious tone of bitterness laced in with my words.

I don't bother to stop or look up at him when he says that either, only working quicker to spite him. He stays standing near me, watching me closely as I worked. It only annoyed me more that he didn't trust me working with the glass.

I let out an irritated grunt, "I said, I know what I'm doing."

"Y/N, just slow down-"

"Shit-!" I suddenly drop the shard from my hand, gripping my palm firmly as a trail of blood begins to stream down it. I bite my inner cheek and try to wipe to blood off, only smearing it all over my hand.

Without a thought, Tyler drops down to his knees in front of me and that's when I finally look up at him, "I told you to slow down, didn't I?"

"It was just a scratch." I defend as I stand up, covering my hand so the others don't see. I notice both Logan and Taylor shoot their heads over at me with worried expressions, but they don't move from their spots.