| Ep 12-13 |

This chapter's a little long ngl. But Episode 12 alone was too short so I combined the two, similar to what I did with 4 and 5.

CRASH!

I jolt up, nearly falling off the edge of the bed. I rub my eyes, adjusting to the darkness of the room. I look over to where the sound of the crash came and widened my eyes to find Ashlyn's bed disheveled and empty. I lean over the bed to find her sprawled on the floor.

"Ashlyn!" I whisper shout, sliding off the bed and walking over to her. I hear Tay stir awake as well, eyeing the distressed ginger too.

"You okay?" Tay asks, leaning over our bed to look down at her, subtly looking up at me standing in front of her, "Why are you on the floor?"

"Ah, yeah...I'm fine, just a nightmare." She says quietly, propping herself up in a sitting position.

I crouch down to her side, refraining from touching her, knowing she wouldn't feel comfortable with that, "A nightmare-?"

"What happened to your arm?!" Taylor yelps and I look down at Ashlyn's arm, my eyes widened at the stream of blood dripping down her fair skin.

"Woah, the fall did that?" I ask, sounding more confused than concerned.

Taylor, being the thoughtful one, shoots up from the bed and begins to panic, "A-Ah! We should get some, um- bandages! Or the teachers? Do you need help up?"

Ashlyn shakes her head, "No, it's okay."

I still reach down for her shoulder, ready to help her up when she then adds as she lifts the covers off of her legs, "I can get up, but I might need some band-"

The three of us freeze in place when what is under the sheets is revealed. My mouth falls open at the sight of the same black figure from the Sorrel Weed House stares up at us with a malicious grin.

"Agh!!" We all scream when it grabs ahold of Ashlyn's leg. I take action immediately, yanking her up from the ground and slamming my heel into its face.

"I-Isn't that the thing from the Sorrel Weed place...?" Taylor asks, trembling beside me. I knew it. I feel my hands shake, not believing that what I originally believed to be completely fake was now lying right in front of us. There is no way in hell this is real!

"Holy shit! Holy shit-" I raise my hands over my head and feel Ashlyn's hand fly over my mouth to shut me up.

"Whatever it is, we need to leave before it gets up." She advises, eyeing the unconscious creature sprawled on the floor by her bed. I glance over at Taylor, who's frozen in shock. I give her shoulder a reassuring squeeze just before Ashlyn pulls her out of her trance and says, "Come on, snap out of it. We gotta get out of here."

It wasn't making me slightly uneasy with how Ashlyn was handling all of this. Almost as if she was expecting this or wasn't too shocked that this was happening.

We rush out of the bedroom, walking past the main area of the hotel room. I follow right behind Ashlyn, who's dragging a frightened Taylor along by her wrist.

The brunette then questions, "What about the other girl?"

Ashlyn continues speedily walking ahead, "I'm not sure. She should have heard us scream...Why hasn't she come out yet?"

I furrow my brows at this, wondering the same thing now too. Maybe she's a heavy sleeper or something. She didn't even flinch or squirm when I was having a full-on conversation on the phone with Tyler earlier. But the sounds of Ashlyn falling and then our screams? Those were loud enough for all of the other neighboring rooms to hear.