| Ep 10 |

We all scream at the horrific sight. I feel someone yank me back and I blink a few times. When I open my eyes, the figure is no longer there. I rub my eyes, feeling as if I was hallucinating,

"What the hell..." I mumble under my breath.

We all collectively make confused comments at its sudden disappearance, earning an unamused scoff form Tyler. I looked up at the sound of his voice, seeing as his hand was wrapped around my bicep. He must've been the one that pulled me back.

"Are you guys dumb? Ghosts aren't real. This is just some stupid prank." He tries to knock some sense into us, and I almost believe him. I feel dumb for reacting like this when it's obvious something like that can't even happen.

"A prank?" I ask softly. My voice brings his attention back down to me and he quickly drops his hand from my arm.

"Obviously. A group conveniently cancels a reservation and our guide just happens to have an excuse to leave?"

"Oh, yeah!" I snap my fingers at him, "Then we coincidently have a scary encounter just for that thing to vanish into thin air!"

He nods and adds, "The thing just disappears before we can confirm or touch it? Yeah, right. This is definitely a set up for some sort of reaction video to make money. They probably have cameras and a projector hidden somewhere."

Everything Ty said made perfect sense, but there was still something about this that wasn't quite adding up. Before I could piece anything together, Tyler then raises his voice, shouting at nothing or anyone in particular,

"Screw you and your idiotic video! For the record, you don't have permission to use our reactions!"

I watch as he yanks on his sister's arm, dragging her away from us. I follow suit, pulling Tay back,

"What're you doing?" I ask Tyler, who's face appears more annoyed then unamused now.

"We're going back to the bus." He pull Taylor back before storming off, not bothering to look back again.

Logan speaks up, "A-ah, wait..."

It's too late and the two are already at the front door. Once they are out of sight, I turn around and give Logan a shrug.

I then stare down at Ashlyn, who's still sat on the floor. Aiden beats me to her and crouches down to check up on her. He attempts to pat her head to be comforting but she immediately scoots away. The mutter a few things back and forth before she stands back up and says, "It's almost 5:30. We should catch up with the others."

An hour later, we are all settled into our assigned rooms. Taylor is seated on one of the armchairs in the room with me cross-legged on the floor in between her legs. We are playing cards with another one of our roommates when Ashlyn walks in. We invite her to play but she just give us an uninterested expression,

"No, you guys go ahead. I'm getting ready to go to bed."

I nod understandingly, "Alright, we'll keep quiet then."

I contemplate on pointing out her odd behavior to the girls, but feel that that's considered gossiping so I keep my mouth shut. I then jump when Taylor jumps up from her seat victoriously, claiming she had one. That was the third time in a row.

I then think back to Tyler's unneccessary outburst back at the Sorrel Weed House and glance over at Taylor, who's currently picking up the cards and shuffling them.

"Hey, Tay? What's up with Tyler?" She perks up at the mention of him before taking my cards to add back to the deck.

"Oh, you know him. He was never a fan of haunted houses because of how big of a joke they were. He probably got a little irritated and lashed out." She explains with a shrug.

I let out a hum of understanding, "Typical of him, I guess. But...do you think he was right? About it all being a prank, I mean."

Taylor goes quiet for a moment, "It's possible. But, between you and I. I think it was a real ghost. Like, did you see how terrified Ashlyn looked? It was like the life was sucked out of her body when she realized what was standing right behind her!"

I could tell Tay was more invested than worried, so I laughed to shake the nerves off. I shouldn't take this so seriously when clearly, nothing bad happened. If it were a ghost, it might've just been harmless and in search of some human interaction.

Or it really was just a prank.