| Ep 27.5 |

Alright, I admit that I am too lazy to write out the rest of their lunch discussion. Assuming you guys have already read the actual WEBTOON episodes, I'm going to skip to Ashlyn's house at some point next chapter. Just a heads up so no one gets confused.

Also, enjoy this filler episode! Finally feeding this slow burn 😈

After school, I walk out toward the student parking lot. I drive myself to school most days when my mom lets me borrow her car. She works from home often, which is very convenient for me. As I walk down the steps at the front of the school, I feel my phone ring in my pocket. I take it out and answer it once I see my mom's contact on the screen,

"Hey, mom." I greet her.

"Hi, honey. I just called to ask for a favor."

"Sure," I stop walking to go through my backpack for my keys, "What do you need?"

"I'm a little caught up on work right now and I was hoping you could take care of grocery shopping for me on your way home."

I take my keys out, pressing my phone in between my shoulder and cheek so I don't have to use my hands as I zip up my bag, "Oh, sure. I'm barely heading out. But, mom. I'm supposed to take Ty home today too."

I hear her gasp, "Oh, shoot, that's right! I forgot his mom had work today. Um, do you think he'll mind tagging along with you?"

I bite my lip, not knowing if he and I have already looked past our little moment in class today.

"I'll ask."

"Perfect, thank you! Love you."

"Love you too, mom."

She hangs up just as I make it to my car, finding Tyler already waiting for me. He has his arms crossed over his chest, leaning on the trunk of my car. He stands straight up when he sees me,

"Took you a little long, don't you think?" He speaks, smiling at my presence.

"Sorry about that. Um, Ty- are you in a rush to get home right now?" I ask as I unlock the car and we both hop in the front seats.

"Nah, why?"

"I have to run to the store really quick. Do you mind coming with?"

"Not at all. Tay's got a meeting right now and we aren't supposed to be at Ashlyn's for another three hours." He explains as I nod.

At lunch, we had all come to an agreement that the best way to train was through Ashlyn's parents, who were very experienced in combat. We planned to meet up at her place to convince them to give us some self-defense lessons.

---

I'm pushing the shopping cart down one of the aisles, Tyler walking by my side with his hands in the pockets of his letterman jacket.

I remember how often Mrs. Hernandez always made us both run errands for her, so this wasn't anything unusual or new. It felt completely natural. A part of me missed times where it was just us.

I glance up at him, "So...lunch was a lot, huh?"

That discussion at lunch left me feeling exhausted, yet yearning for so many answers.

I never got a chance alone with Ben to console him, though I don't think he would have wanted me to bring up his past when it was already explained earlier.

My mind was also flooded with thoughts and theories about the phantom dimension. Logan had pointed out that our bodies in this dimension set a limit to how far our separate bodies can travel in the phantom world. If we drift too far, we will just be sent back to the location of our real bodies.