The Letter

Year 381 (3 years later)
May 13
                         The Land of Wind
                               (Anemone)

A figure stood in a dark room, calmly observing the numerous amount of enemies that surrounded them as they prepared for battle. The figure began materializing a sword made out of blood that streamed down from the open slit in their wrist.

This unique ability is only known to the demon race. It is called blood manipulation. This ability allows its user to materialize and manipulate their own blood.

The figure had materialized a simple blood red katana that glowed dimly as they flared their mana. Suddenly they disappeared and reappeared near the shoulder of one of their enemies. The figure effortlessly swung their blade and watched as the enemy's head fell to the ground. Blood erupted from the wound and the figure once again disappeared. Their blade glowed brightly in the dark as their mana flared, releasing murderous intent. Multiple enemies fell to the ground from the extreme pressure of the figure's aura.

They moved further into the dark arena. Continuously cutting down enemies. The only thing that could be seen in the darkness was their red glistening sword. The figure could see everything with their heightened senses, but hadn't heard screams or even the sound of their blade as they clashed against their enemies. The only thing that they could hear was the beating of their heart that thumped rapidly inside their chest.

With a single stroke of their blade multiple enemies were killed. The figure sensed movement coming from their side and dodged just as one of their enemies threw a punch. The figure swiftly impaled them through the heart and watched as their lifeless body fell to the ground with a loud thud. They then threw their sword into the air and focused mana into their hands and a violent gust of wind was released, that blew some enemies away, but impaled and left holes in most. The figure caught their sword just as an enemy began approaching them. They swiftly swung their sword diagonally and their body was split in half.

They continued to eradicate each and every enemy that stood before them. The figure disappeared once again and when they reappeared the last of their enemies had fallen. They then flicked their sword and allowed it to dematerialize into a small puddle of blood.

Suddenly, the lights of the room began to flicker on, revealing the identity of the figure. They had white hair, slightly pointed ears, a broken circle around each pupil and golden irises. He was Nolen Sitorious.

It had been 3 years since the events that took place in the Land of Water and 6 years since he was crowned king of the Land of Wind, he was now 12 years old and growing steadily everyday.

Nolen then looked up at the balcony to gaze at the person who had been watching his every move.

"You've destroyed all of my earth golems." Julian stated as he jumped off of the balcony and landed into the arena, he landed on his feet and began walking towards him. "Now are you ready to face me?" Julian said but Nolen didn't respond, he only smirked as he got into a fighting stance and prepared for Julian's next attack. A purple glow emitted from Julian's palm, but before he could attack the main door of the training arena opened revealing a knight.

"Your Majesty, Lord Gilbert wishes to see you." The knight spoke.

"Hmm Gil?" Nolen hummed with pursed lips. "I'll be right there."

"Would you like me to escort you there?" The knight asked but the boy shook his head and waved her off. The knight then bowed slightly and left the training arena. Nolen looked to Julian who was eyeing him suspiciously.