When stars fade 2

"𝑱𝒂𝒚 𝒊 𝒘𝒂𝒏𝒕 𝒕𝒐 𝒇𝒊𝒍𝒆 𝒂𝒏 𝒂𝒏𝒏𝒖𝒍𝒎𝒆𝒏𝒕" 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒔𝒂𝒊𝒅 𝒕𝒐 𝒉𝒊𝒎.

𝒀𝒐𝒖 𝒃𝒐𝒕𝒉 𝒃𝒆𝒄𝒐𝒎𝒆 𝒔𝒊𝒍𝒆𝒏𝒕 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒂 𝒎𝒊𝒏𝒖𝒕𝒆 𝒃𝒆𝒇𝒐𝒓𝒆 𝑱𝒂𝒚 𝒇𝒊𝒏𝒂𝒍𝒍𝒚 𝒔𝒑𝒐𝒌𝒆.

"𝑺𝒆𝒕 𝒂 𝒔𝒄𝒉𝒆𝒅𝒖𝒍𝒆, 𝒍𝒆𝒕 𝒎𝒆 𝒌𝒏𝒐𝒘 𝒘𝒉𝒆𝒏 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒘𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆." 𝑯𝒆 𝒔𝒂𝒊𝒅.

"Mommy why are you crying?" your daughter ask when she spotted you in the kitchen crying while preparing a feeding bottle for her.

As you keep remembering your last conversation with Jay 2 weeks ago, it still haunts you.

After he said that, you thought you were okay, that you're finally prepared to let him go. But it feels there's a knife has been put into your chest.

In your mind, you have a impression that he was waiting for you to do this so that you won't blame him in the end by leaving you.

Every time you remember the words he said that night haunts you every day. And as you recall them, the pain spreads throughout your system.

You glance at your daughter.

"Nothing baby, mommy just practicing for a drama we're mommy and daddy is the main character. " you jokingly remark while fixing her hair.

In your heart and mind, you know It's worst than a drama, because you know that what you went through is not pre-written.

Your daughter hugs you.

"Should i hate daddy because he makes you cry?" she ask innocently.

A smile formed in your lips as you carry her and kiss her cheeks and whisper to her ear.

"You shouldn't hate daddy, because daddy loves you."

Jay maybe not be a good husband. But as Estelle's father he is unquestionably the best. Because you see how much he adores her daughter, despite the toxic marriage you have.

After a month of separation with Jay you decided to get a job since the process for the annulment is needs a lot of money.

You also get a nanny so that there's someone who will look at Estelle when you're at work.

Her nanny also mentioned that Jay always visits your daughter while you're at work which you didn't seem to mind because he has the legal right to do so.

It was ten o'clock at night. When Estelle's Nanny called you from the phone and said Estelle had a fever and was looking for her dad.

You became paranoid and gave Jay's number and told her to call him because you doubt that if you're the one who called he won't pick it up.

You still have 1 hour before the working hours end but you ask your team leader if you can leave early because your daughter is sick, and fortunately they do consider that.

You're on your way to the parking lot when you realize you didn't bring your car because you chose to ride a uv earlier morning which causes you to become stressed because taking public transportation will take you hours longer to get home.

As you are about to get down you see David, your friend from the third floor department.

"David!" you shouts.

"Why are you in such a hurry?" He asks as he recognizes you.

You give him a shy smile before expressing your concern.

"Are you going home?" you ask.

"Uhm, yes," he said.

"Can I ask you a favor? Uhm, can I ride with you and pay for the gas, I really need to get home because my daughter is sick." you say.

David checks his watch before looking at you because he was on his way to see her girlfriend but because you're a good friend of his, he can't say no to you.

"There's no need to pay me, I'll take you home, just give me the address," he stated.

"Thank you," you said, but he simply shrugged.

"No problem."

You arrived at your location in 45 minutes.

He stops in the parking lot.

"Thank you again!" you said as you left the passenger seat.

You wait for him to leave before you begin to walk, but you are instantly stopped when you notice Jay looking at you.

Jay has just exited from the elevator, and his face expresses irritation at what he sees. You were about to pass him when he suddenly spoke, which caused you to stop.

"It's 12AM yet, you're with a guy?" He talks as if he suspects you of doing something.

Because of what he said, you suddenly feel bad that he was judging you even though he has no idea why. As if he has any proof that supports what he believes to be true.

"Is that the reason why you want to rush the annulment papers? because you can't stop yourself from being with that guy?"

You look at him with so much confusion.

"Jay, we know you're the one who leveled to what you say, so why don't you look at yourself first before passing judgment on me."

You're about to pass him when he grabs your arm, causing you to stop.

"Hands off-" you said as you try removed your arms from his grasp, But his sudden words leave you speechless.

"Is that really what you want?" He said, as he looks you straight in your eyes.

"What if I tell you I don't want to pursue the annulment."