When stars fades 9

It's been a week, but Jay hasn't left your condo since your last fight, unless he has to go to work.

He will leave at 5:30AM and return home at 8:00PM. You don't know why he made this sudden decision, but even if you were living under the same roof again, one thing is clear, that there is still a barrier between you and Jay, and you will not remove it, because if you do, you will be sure there is a chance that you will be crazy in love with him again, even  though your feelings for him have not faded.

The next morning Jay asked you.

"Are you going to work?" But you just glanced at him and didn't say anything. Estelle is now in school, so you and Jay are the only ones left in the condo because Estelle's nanny is on leave due to an emergency.

You can feel Jay staring at you until you sit two chairs away from him at the table. He was the one who did the things you did before after he moved into your unit and it's not a big deal to you because, after all, you didn't ask him to do it.

"Do you want something to eat?" he asked, but you simply rolled your eyes at him and walked away. All you want to do is eat breakfast, but Jay's presence ruins it.

ou return to your room, stay in bed, and check your phone for updates. You are aware that Jay is following you, but you are unconcerned.

"Are you still mad?" he asked, but you simply turned your face to the left so you couldn't see his face.

You're still mad at him for what happened, but he's still acting like nothing happened. Also, you don't understand why he's doing this, is this a new scene of his change or is it a new trap for you, that once you fall, he will leave you.

When the other side of the bed sank, you can tell that Jay was laying next to you. But you continued to avoid his gaze.

You both remain silent for a minute while you scrolling on your phone when you suddenly stop as you feel his arms encircling your waist.

He pulled you closer and buried his face in your shoulder. When you felt his breath, your heart began to beat as if you were in a race.

You stunned.

"I have a lot to say to you, but I'm not sure where to begin," he said, but you choose to remain silent as you continue to listen to him.

"I'm sorry if you don't understand why I act like this, because I don't understand myself either," he paused for a moment before he continue.

"All I know is that I can't let you and our daughter leave me."

You're still at work, but your mind is preoccupied with Jay's actions from yesterday. When you left earlier in the morning, he prepared everything which he didn't done before. He prepares breakfast and drives Estelle to school and also offered you a ride in his car, but you declined, so he did nothing but agree with you.

You look at your wrist watch and it's already 5:00pm. You put your hand on your face because you're stressed. Before, you used to want the time to move quickly so you could see Estelle early, but now you want it to move slowly so you don't have to see Jay.

You don't know why, but Jay's presence makes your surroundings feel crowded when you see him you can't move properly or do the things you want to do because you have the impression that he is staring at you and watching your every move.

Jay left you a message when your working hours were over.

[Do you want me to pick you up?]

You sighed and returned your phone to your bag. As an only child, you never feel alone in your life because your parents are always there to help and guide you. When they find out you're pregnant, they're upset, but they still accept you.

They asked you and Jay to live with them in Canada after your marriage but Jay refused and said he would prefer to live with you here in the Philippines, which your parents accepted.

They also wanted to hire a personal maid for you because they knew you didn't have experience with house chores, but you declined because you know Jay will judge you.

You had Estelle at 19 and you were still unprepared, but you needed to be independent because Jay wasn't by your side the entire time which your parents are unaware, they have no idea that their only daughter is forced to learn independently they have no idea that their only daughter is forced to learn independently because her husband didn't treat her properly. And now when you are able to stand on your own feet, that's when he will be concerned about you. Now that you don't need his help anymore.

When you left your office, your lawyer called you to discuss an update on the annulment because how can it be processed immediately if it is always pending.

You simply told your lawyer that you would ask Jay about it because you couldn't say that Jay was living with you again. You were in the shed because it was raining and you hadn't brought your car when someone unexpectedly took shelter in the waiting shed it was a coincidence when you realized it was Riki.

You yank the end of his uniform, which is why he looks at you with creased forehead, and when he realizes it's you, his lips form a smile.

Riki is drenched as a result of the heavy rain.

"Hey!" He remarked.

You tell him to sit next to you, but he shakes his head and points to his shirt.

"You might get wet." he said.

Riki is standing next to you, brushing his hair with his hand before looking down at you.

"Are you going home?" he ask.

You take a look at him.

"Yes, but it's bad that it rained unexpectedly when I didn't bring my car," you said, disappointed.

Riki laughed.

"I don't believe it's a bad luck."

When you look at him, you'll notice that he has both hands on his pockets and he's staring at the sky as it rains.

"Why?" you said, confused.

"Because some people find happiness and peace of mind on rainy days," he explained.

You were just staring at him while he was saying it because he seemed so serious and you weren't sure if he was one of the people he mentioned who found joy and peace during rainy days.

You just stare at him until he looks you in the eyes and reaches for your chin.

"Wuy!" He laughed because you hadn't realized you'd been staring at him for a long time.

You slap his hand in embarrassment, but he continues to tease you.

"Let's go," he said.

"Can you run quickly?" he asked.

You were confused by his questions, and when you didn't respond right away, he grabbed your hand, causing your body to follow him.

"We have to run the news said there's a typhoon, so we have to get home before it hits."

Since the first time you met Riki, you haven't noticed that he's an easygoing person with a hidden funny and caring side personality despite of his cold awra.

Riki paid for the transportation because, like you, he didn't bring his car, he said he usually does it because it's a hassle to bring a car so he is much more comfortable riding public transportation because after all, he is still a student and doesn't like to spend money on gas.

You both arrive at the condo at exactly 7:00 PM.

"Rest for a minute before taking a bath so you don't get sick," he said, slightly messing up your hair.

You try to stop him, but he keeps messing with it, which is why you both end up laughing.

Even though you and Riki are on the same floor and three doors apart, he still waits for you until you get to your unit.

You're about to enter when he suddenly calls you, which is why you look back at him.

"I hope the rain convinces you that it's not a bad luck after all," he says, as he motioned his hand for you to enter inside.