Chapter 1

Natalie woke up to the yell of her father when she jumped out of her bed to see what was going on at the literal middle of the night as she peeked through her door she saw that her father had slapped her mother. Natalie's eyes burned with fire and went out knowing that her father was angry again, she thought of  hearing them instead of intervening. "Why..." I mutter.

"WHERE WERE YOU THIS NIGHT?!" My father yelled.
My mother looked away "please dont yell the kids are sleeping." She pleads.
my father grabbed my mother's jaw forcing her to look at him "Where. Were. You." He asked threateningly.
Before I knew it my dad had grabbed her hair and practically threw her against the wall and then walked away like nothing happened. My eyes widen, I took a closer look. She was bleeding. But I know if i went to help her my dad would notice and I'll also get hurt. So I climbed back on my bed knowing I have the power to do nothing, I curl up and start to cry to myself. After I hear my dad get to his bedroom I wait a couple of minutes until I hear him snore. I rush to my mother as i saw in horror. "M-mom..." she was bleeding alot. I pressed the wound on her forehead trying to stop the bleeding desperately. After few minutes the bleeding stops and I patch the wound with whatever knowledge I knew about bandaging. I stare at her solemnly. She woke up "sweetie?" She looked at me. "Mom are you okay? Does your head hurt? Do you want me to bring you some painkillers?" She looked up at me and stood up. "I'm fine, it's late get back to bed." I protest but she doesn't hear any further, I sigh and return to my room getting under the covers with pure anger in my heart against my father. "I'll make sure he gets what he deserves." I close my eyes and drift off to sleep.
Next day I wake up to my brother jumping on my bed. I sit up an smile at him. "Morning kade." He jumped up and hugged me "sissy! I can't find mommy!" Now i realised... he wasn't jumping from joy, he was jumping from urgency. I quickly get up and rush outside my room but quickly calmed when she came out of the bathroom. But I froze when I saw stitches on the wound she had on her forehead. I looked at Kade "mommy's here." Kade ran to her and hugged her "I found you!" She knelt to him and kissed his forehead before scooping him up. "Natalie don't you have school?" I quickly stopped thinking about the stitches on her forehead and looked at the clock "fuc—.... i-i mean flower! I am late for school!!" I grab my bag and run out the door, but rush back in brushing my teeth and rush back out. "Bye mom! Bye Kade! Love you both!!" Runs outside the door.