Pincers (by Bella Darkwood)

It was the height of World War 2, and German U-Boat Captain Hans Bauer had just received orders to patrol the Atlantic for any Allied shipping vessels that might be lurking in the treacherous waters

It was the height of World War 2, and German U-Boat Captain Hans Bauer had just received orders to patrol the Atlantic for any Allied shipping vessels that might be lurking in the treacherous waters. It was a dark and stormy night, the waves crashing against the sleek metal hull of the U-Boat, as Bauer and his crew set off on their mission.

The tension was high as the crew kept a sharp lookout for any signs of enemy ships. Suddenly, the radar operator shouted out, "Kapitän, I've got something on the radar! It's a large vessel, heading towards us!" Bauer's heart quickened as he gave the order to prepare the torpedoes. "What could it be doing out here in the middle of nowhere?" he thought to himself.

As they closed in on the mysterious ship, Bauer noticed that the vessel had no lights on, which was odd considering the pitch darkness of the night. He ordered the crew to hail the ship, but there was no response. Growing concerned, Bauer decided to send a small team over to investigate.

The chosen few readied themselves, grasping their weapons tightly. The U-Boat's conning tower hatch opened, and the cold, damp air hit them as they stepped out into the night. As the team approached the strange ship, they could sense something was terribly wrong. The silence was eerie, and the normally bustling deck was deserted. A thick, coppery smell hung in the air, and as they shone their torches around, they saw it—blood, everywhere. The deck was slick with it.

"Was ist los hier?" (What's going on here?) one of the soldiers whispered, his voice trembling.

The blood trail led them to the cargo hold, and as they opened the doors, a rush of foul air escaped and a horrifying scene met their eyes. The hold was a slaughterhouse; eviscerated bodies lay scattered everywhere, their entrails hanging limply from the carnage. It was clear the victims had put up a fight, the deck was littered with the remnants of broken furniture and torn clothing. But what could have done this?

Suddenly, a loud snap echoed through the air, and the team felt a chill run down their spines

Suddenly, a loud snap echoed through the air, and the team felt a chill run down their spines. A massive crab, the size of a small car, scurried out of the shadows and into the beam of their torches. Its massive pincers snapped aggressively as it moved towards them. The soldiers fired their guns, but to their horror, the creature didn't seem to be affected by the gunfire. It was then that the true scope of the nightmare became clear—the cargo hold was infested with these giant, flesh-eating crabs.