~ Chapter 3 ~ Demons Speak Latin and The Rain Tells Them To Fuck Off

I mean, handing your houseguest magnesium isn't bad, but it's confusing for the houseguest if they don't know the host, and I was the definition of confused. She probably read the look on my face because she began to explain, "The magnesium helps your scent become more insignificant, so the umbra daemonum won't be as prone to attacking you."

"Umbra dae- what?"

"Umbra daemonum is the name of the things that tried to attack you and Hissoku, I'm Nisshoku by the way, Hissoku's older sister, and you are?"

"Aaron Dalewood, are you two from Japan?"

"Yep, my name means 'Eclipse' in Japanese."

"We're obviously Japanese, do we look American to you?" I was startled when I heard Hissoku's voice, I didn't notice him walking in, and the weird part was that his presence was comforting, I guess.

I didn't have time to reply, because at that moment there was a bang on the window behind me and I jumped so far I crashed into Hissoku. He caught me in a way that we ended up in a hug-type thing, except his arms were wrapped someplace around my lower back, even though he was shorter than me by 3 inches, it felt like he was taller than me. I was probably blushing because he raised an eyebrow, shook his head, and stepped away from me. I would have probably tried to fall on him again on purpose if it weren't for Nisshoku being there, and another bang on the window led by a series of footsteps on the porch and loud banging on the door followed by yelling in a language I couldn't understand. Still, Nisshoku must have completely understood, because she sounded almost offended while saying, "That's quite rude."

"You can understand them?" I asked, very confused, if you couldn't tell. "Of course I can, they're just speaking Latin in a distorted voice, which makes it more difficult to understand, but I still somewhat know what they're saying."

"You know Latin?"

"Latin philosophy was one of my college majors, and most of it's in Latin."

"Oh, but aren't you concerned that they're on the porch?"

"Scared pretty boy?" Hissoku butted in, so of course I had to argue with him.

"I'm not scared, and don't call me that."

"Why shouldn't I? It suits you."

"Can you please just- did you just say that I'm pretty?"

"W-what, no."

"You did technically say that." Ok, I'm adding Nisshoku to my list of people who I instantly like because of that. "Even Nisshoku says so."

"That doesn't-" There was suddenly a loud BANG against the door, and Nisshoku suddenly unsheathed a katana, like where did she get that? Does she have hammerspace or something? I had to ask, "Where did you get that from?"

"Don't worry about it."

"What do you mean, 'don't worry about it-'" There was another loud bang on the door and it looked like Nisshoku was 'bouta throw hands with a katana, but just then it started to rain strenuously, the rain was giving another message, but this time to the thing out there, it was quite simple actually, something I would hear at school, somewhere along the lines of:

"Fuck off Alastor."

And with that message, we heard the footsteps receding and the rain stopped.

I guess the rain wants to protect us, or it just really hates Alastor.

~ ~ Words From The Author ~ ~

Today I only have three things to say.

1. I ate my grandma

2. Deez

3. Stay safe

- GrandmaInfestation