~ Chapter 6 ~ I kill a dog

I pulled out my dagger with shaking hands, ready to fight, when Hissoku turned around to face the monster-doggy-werewolf-thing, which hadn't seemed to see- cough sense* our presence at the moment, and before I could attack Noxios used her tail to push us away. We both went in different directions of a fork in the tunnels of the cave, but I heard Hissoku yell, "YOU BI-" before I couldn't hear him from distance. I hit a dead-end with the back of my head and rag-dolled before blacking out.

I woke up and I felt a tall figure looming over me, so I didn't open my eyes yet. I felt two claws reaching up to my neck to check my pulse, after about a minute or so I felt the claws pull away and I opened my eyes slightly to take a look at the situation. I saw Noxios unconscious on the floor with blood on her hands and her forehead, and Hissoku was also unconscious, but there wasn't blood on his hands. I looked up at the figure that was now waking up Noxios and Hissoku, and it was the werewolf-doggy thing, but upon closer inspection, I realized it looked like Loki, but more like a werewolf. I finally pieced the pieces together and realized that this could be his alternate, doppelganger, whatever you wanna call it (Maybe it was a skinwalker).

Once both Noxios and Hissoku woke up, the alternate pointed at me with a cruel smile decorating its lips, its bloodstained teeth sticking out at unusual angles. I was guessing that by what he just did he meant I was dead because a look of dread and shock spread over their faces. Then, those emotions turned to anger, Noxious looked like she was going to kill someone, but she didn't even compare to how enraged Hissoku looked. I would have given it more thought if I hadn't just realized something- the alternate checked my pulse- and it was flatlined, I should be dead, and I was about to panic until one of the alternate's arms fell off, and who was the perpetrator? Noxios, she had used her tail to slice his arm clean off. If the alternate was a normal creature it would have snapped his neck turning to look at Noxios with such aggressiveness a human would have had a heart attack. But she just sat there, her color-changing eyes staring daggers at it while it started advancing toward her. I felt the dagger Hissoku had given me in my hand and I decided this would be a good time to sneak up on the alternate and attack in hopes of saving Noxios and Hissoku.

I snuck up behind it while it was focused on Noxios and Hissoku. I went up on my tip-toes and raised my blade as high as possible, before swinging.

The alternate's head came clean off, and so did my ring fingers. I stared in shock at my fingers which were lying on the floor. I looked up to see that before I decapitated the alternate it tried to cut my arm off, and missed so badly that it cut my ring fingers off instead, and my weird broken-humor self decided to say the worst thing possible. "Skill issue." I looked at the duo and saw they were really confused and on the verge of tears. Hissoku slapped me and then hugged me, and after a few moments, Noxios joined in.

 I could feel their tears dripping onto my shirt as I hugged them back.

~ ~ Words from the author ~ ~

Sorry for making this such a short chapter.

Also, I asked someone what I should put here, and I'm sorry.