~ Chapter 7 ~ Childhood Friends Reunited

(Hissoku Nychta POV)

Aaron is the silliest and kindest doofus I know, and he killed my dog's alternate, it seems nearly impossible, especially after he was supposed to be dead, this makes no sense, but I might as well not question it, at least he's alive, at least I would hope he is.

When Aaron passed out the weird thing we found- I mean, Noxios caught him, it would make sense for him to faint, I mean he did just lose two fingers and exert his limit.

Noxios turned to me, and I could tell what she wanted me to do just from her expression, she was saying to leave. I took one more look over my shoulder at the decapitated and presumed-dead alternate of my dog and followed behind Noxios, who for some reason was carrying Aaron over her shoulder like a purse, and I didn't even have the energy to question it, so I just kept walking.

Once we got to the mouth of the cave we checked to make sure there weren't any other troublesome creatures, and luckily there weren't any, so we continued to walk as I took out a flashlight.

We were about thirty meters away from my house when I checked the time, "10:30 pm" With a sigh I continued to lead the way through the dimly lit path lined with vibrant shrubs and flowers.

After about ten to fifteen minutes I saw the entrance to the cabin, my shoulders relaxed as I saw the familiar pathway lined with daisies, lilacs, lavender, etc. Through the window, I saw Loki on the couch next to Nisshoku waking up from a nap and wagging his tail once he saw us. I ran inside and grabbed a cloth and a glass of water. I walked over to Nisshoku, bent down, and started wrapping the plants from the cave in the cloth, poured some water over, and put it on Nisshoku's forehead. Instantly she started regaining the color of her face. She abruptly woke up and sat straight up, breathing heavily, her eyes wide, she turned to me and she relaxed, and then her eyes widened again when she looked at something behind me. I turned and saw Noxios, Aaron still acting as a purse over her shoulder, she started speaking in a hoarse voice, "Noxios? What are you doing here? And what happened to Aaron?" Noxios looked at her with her color-changing eyes, decorated with a tired look, and spoke, "It's a long story, I'll tell you about it, Hissoku, can you take care of Aaron?" I normally would've declined, or otherwise, but this time I just nodded and took him from her, Aaron was light as a feather. As I walked away I heard Noxios start relaying what happened to Nisshoku. 

~ ~ Words from the Author ~ ~

Happy late Mother's Day!!!!

Stay safe,

- GrandmaInfestation