48 - march madness

Kate

(irl + social media)

There were two more games before we moved onto the Final Four. Holy Cross and West Virginia.

The final buzzer against Holy Cross was still echoing in my ears as I stood on the court, the taste of victory sweet on my lips. We had done it, my team and I, with every drop of effort and ounce of passion we possessed. But it was the game against West Virginia that truly tested our mettle, that pushed us to the brink and demanded every bit of skill and teamwork we had.

As the clock wound down, I could feel the weight of the moment, the gravity of what was at stake.

The final whistle blew and we were going to the Final Four.

The locker room was filled of cheers and laughter, a celebration of everything we had worked towards.

But amidst the cheers, my heart yearned for a quieter, more intimate celebration. I found Charlotte outside. Her embrace warmed my heart. Her congratulations whispered in my ear a melody sweeter than any crowd's chant.

We walked away from the lights and the noise, hand in hand, the night ours to savor. The stars seemed to shine just for us, and as we reminisced about the game, the laughter, the tears, I knew that this victory was just as much hers as it was mine.

In the quiet before the storm of the Final Four, it was Charlotte's love that grounded me, her spirit that inspired me. Together, we were unstoppable.

Instagram

17,626 likesiowawbb All of our faces when we heard we're going to the Final Four! Go Hawks! Picture by @charlotteobrien

17,626 likes
iowawbb All of our faces when we heard we're going to the Final Four! Go Hawks! Picture by @charlotteobrien

comments:

katemartin03 go hawks!!!
(liked by iowawbb)

jadagyamfi fireeee
(liked by iowawbb)

caitlinclark22 final 4 here we come🫡
(liked by iowawbb)

charlotteobrien yayayayayay
(liked by iowawbb)

gabbie.marshall crying tears of joy rn
(liked by iowawbb)

kyliefeuerbach love this team
(liked by iowawbb)

29 likescharsflicks kate sniped on the way to final 4!!!

29 likes
charsflicks kate sniped on the way to final 4!!!

comments:

katemartin03 chatting it up in the airport
charlotteobrien i was waiting for u

jadagyamfi u are such a creepy stalker
charlotteobrien ok can we just bring back kate literally trying to follow my mom on facebook...?

reeseobrien that's my best friend
katemartin03 that's a true statement

caitlinclark22 this is too good bro
(liked by charsflicks)

anniehawke good luck guys🤞
(liked by charsflicks)

author's note
short again
filler chapter
let's go to the final four!!!!