52 - thank you seniors

Charlotte

(irl + social media)

The air was thick with the scent of cardboard and dust, a reminder of the passage of time. Our apartments, once brimming with the vibrancy of college life, now echoed with the hollow sounds of emptiness as we packed away memories into boxes.

"I can't believe it's over," Kate murmured, sealing a box with more care than necessary.

I nodded, folding a lacrosse jersey. "Feels like just yesterday we were clueless freshmen, doesn't it?"

We worked in silence for a moment before I approached the topic that had been hovering between us. "So, the WNBA draft..." I trailed off, not sure how to continue.

Kate sat back on her heels, a soft sigh escaping her. "It's a lot to think about. If I get drafted..." She paused, searching for the right words. "It's going to change everything, Char."

I reached out, squeezing her shoulder. "But it's what you've always wanted, right? To play professionally?"

She nodded, a determined glint in her eyes. "Absolutely. It's just... I'm going to miss this. Us. And what if I end up across the country?"

"We'll make it work," I said firmly, my resolve unshakable. "We always do."

Later on, we found ourselves on the familiar bleachers, our friends Molly and Gabbie beside us. Their jerseys draped over their shoulders for the last time.

"Here's to new beginnings," Gabbie toasted, her voice tinged with nostalgia.

"And to never forgetting where we came from," Molly added.

We raised our hands in an unspoken vow, the weight of farewells heavy in our hearts. We knew that this end was also a beginning. And with every ending, a promise of tomorrow's dreams.

Instagram

25,829 likesiowawbb Thank you seniors

25,829 likes
iowawbb Thank you seniors.

*view comments*

53,662 likeskatemartin03 thank you iowa

53,662 likes
katemartin03 thank you iowa. 💛 i have dreamed of going here since i was very little and i'm so glad i got to live out my dreams. it's hard to say goodbye but i'll always remember what iowa has done for me these past years. once a hawkeye, always a hawkeye.

comments:

charlotteobrien i'm not crying, you are
katemartin03 yeah, i am

caitlinclark22 i think my eyes are sweating
katemartin03 mine too

reeseobrien AW KATE
(liked by katemartin03)

jadagyamfi i'm gonna miss you bff
katemartin03 this doesn't feel real

gabbie.marshall no way it's over.
(liked by katemartin03)

kyliefeuerbach im heartbroken
katemartin03 me too kyles

sydney.affolter it won't be the same without you
(liked by katemartin03)

user1 money martin signing off💔

author's note
aw why is this actually sad