Ch. 39: Season Finale

"Such a brave light. Prepare yourself for what comes next." - Eris Morn

Ruby was running atop of the moving train, with her goggles atop of her head, it was because she desperately needed to see.

After sending her dog Zwei to help out her Professor Dr. Oobleck, the worry in her stomach had intensified. She wished that Zwei had stayed home, worried that he could get seriously hurt, but of course he had to sneak his way on the airship.

Of course she had to follow him when they both found a couple of White Fang grunts. Falling down a hole that had formed under her, saving Zwei and losing her weapon at the same time.

It was supposed to be a simple reconnaissance mission, but it had turned into that of a last minute world saving mission like Nora had said.

It didn't help that she couldn't call Jaune for help, or anyone really with the signal the way it was, she tried but all attempts proved fruitless.

When she reached the train car that would've held the trains controls, she was shocked to see that the train tracks were ending, and they would soon be crashing.

She was thankful that her teammates had popped up next to her, while equally distraught, they still had that fighting spirit. She could see it in their eyes that they haven't given up, so she breathed.

She did what she believed any Kell in her position would do. "Weiss!"

"On it!" No words needed to be said as she stabbed her Rapier into the train car, freezing the area around her from the ground up, the rest of RWBY had stood close and braced for impact.

The train had crashed into the wall and a huge explosion came from it, the last thing the four team members would see is a bright flashing light, and all would fall unconscious soon after.

Ruby was starting to wake up, there was a constant ringing in her ears and she ached all around her body. When her vision was clearing up she could see the orange sky, due to her state she couldn't understand why.

Then there was the sirens that started to blare their call, she couldn't understand what was making the noise, or why for that matter.

Looking around she could see buildings and trees, then there was coughing, looking at the new sound she saw Blake and Yang. Both were waking up as well, albeit with some trouble like her.

Turning her head it would result in her seeing Weiss, sitting up against a piece of broken debris, her partner looked back at her as well.

Feeling a sharp pain on her head when she reached for it, she felt something sharp poking her. Grabbing it she was devastated when she saw that it was her goggles, broken.

One side of the optics were torn off while the rest were visibly cracked, with no glass to be seen in them. She didn't have time to mourn her goggles however as she quickly got up, worried about where they were.

She saw that they were in the town square of Vale, but it confused her when she saw no one around, not a single person could be seen. Then the ground started to shake, and before she realized it a large King Taijitu emerged from the ground behind her, knocking her back down.

Alongside it were a pack of Beowolves, crawling from the ruined concrete like a bunch of Creep Grimm. But it wasn't just them that emerged from the ground, other parts of the place had Deathstalkers, Ursa, Creeps, and Boarbatusks.

All had come from the broken tunnel beneath them, but as they looked to the sky, their focus shifted to Team RWBY.

Ruby frowned as she pulled out her weapon Crescent Rose, pointing the top of it behind her. Shooting from it, the momentum carried her to the middle of the Town Square, atop of the elevated floor.