Chapter 10

As I take of Midnight's saddle I see Darren approachin' me sceptically and I raise an eyebrow "What are you lookin' at my like that for? Midnight and I did perfect today" and he smiles sheepishly "Oh no yeah you looked great out there... Uh Casey, your phone rang a few minutes back and I saw it was Jake so I answered so he won't worry, you forget about the time sometimes when you're riding and uh- I uh... I don't think he took me answering your phone so well..." by the time Darren stop stutterin' a reply I had Midnight in his stall, brushing him off and I nod "What did he say?" and Darren twitches "That you'll see him in a few." and I raise an eyebrow at him "AND?" he shrugs "Just some warn-"he was cut off by Jake slamin' him into a wall. Yep I'm calm, grew up with boys remember?

Due to me being in Midnight's stall, Jake isn't aware of my presence, he pushes Darren up against the wall and in a low growl he speaks "If you ever fucking say anything slightly as you did over that phone I'll kill you. STAY" he pauses grippin' Darren tighter around the neck and I start to move in to get him to let go but he continues "Away. From my. Girl. If you're clever enough you'll understand the fucking warning." As confused as I am at this moment I lightly place an arm on Jake's tensed arm and he relaxes slightly "Hey Blue... C'mon let's go okay, please don't hurt him, it'll only get both of you in trouble... Please Jake..." I speak in above a whisper, the look and strength radiating off of him leaves me breathless, I know I'm not supposed to say this, but a slightly jealous Jake is quite sexy. He lets go of Darren and wraps an arm around my waist "Are you done with Midnight yet or do you still need to do a few things?" the emotion in his eyes are drivin' me crazy, I just wish I could understand it. I nod and give a small smile "Yeah Midnight's good to go..." he smiles at me but I can feel he hasn't calmed down completely "Let's go Cocoa"

∞∞∞

"So have you talked to him at all about what happened Wednesday?" Clair looks at me questioningly and I shrug "I tried but he ends up sayin' it's nothin' he couldn't handle and kiss me. I tried talkin' to Darren too, he just said he had acted stupidly and deserved it." It's Friday and I'm packin' for Jake and I's trip home, poor boy doesn't know what he'll be dealin' with this weekend. "I think you should let it go, they sorted it out so I don't see why you should still care about it, what's going on with Olivia?" I shrug at her I need to know what Darren said that had Jake so ticked off... "Olivia has been acting really strange, she's never with us anymore, always some excuse... We don't even talk anymore and we're roommates..."

"Listen Cas, I think somethings about to go down, I feel it in my insides you know? All I'm saying is, I don't have a roommate and I'd love to have you as one, we don't have shit with each other and you don't mind my swearing SO if the shit hits the fan... You'll have me, kay?" I chuckle at her mini speech, she's not the most normal girl but she's one of my newly found best friends. Her feelin' doesn't go unnoticed though, somethin' is off I just don't know what, but I've got a feelin' it's got somethin' to do with Olivia. My thoughts are interrupted by Clair shovin' me to my closet "Get packing Evans, take your boy home and do the dirty in the barn!" I blush at her last comment, knowin' I wouldn't ever- "Oh. My. Actual. FUCK. You're a virgin aren't you?" Clair exclaims and I sigh "I haven't- I uh. You see- The right time wasn't- Okay fine, yes..." Clair starts laughin' but it's cut short by a low voice that I know belongs to my Blue "Hey girls..." and by the smirk on his face he had heard the whole conversation. Oh sweet potatoes Casey Evans, you're and idiot. I can feel the blush on my cheeks and his smirk widens as he wraps his arms around me

"Don't worry Cocoa that information just spiked me wanting you to a whole new level..." he breathes into my ear and I feel my blush deepening but my reply is cut off "Oh just don't fucking grab her while I'm here" Clair groans and Jake chuckles lettin' me go "Are you all packed?" he looks at me and I nod with a sheepish smile "I'm almost done, I just have-" Clair cuts me off chucklin' "She needs to finish with suitcase number 5"

∞∞∞

After I finished packin' we set off in my Jeep, nervous but excited. "So Cocoa, any tips to winning your family's hearts?" Jake blows out in a nervous breath, placin' his hand on my thigh and I giggle "Well Momma is gonna love you, just eat whatever she makes, don't worry she's an amazing cook. Pop is easy, just talk football and you're his favourite person... Just don't take him too seriously, he's a goofball at heart. Daddy and Drew is a bit odd, Drew will like you, but he'll be all tough guy because you're with me... Daddy will ask a lot of questions, but he's a softy at heart. You don't have to worry Blue" my reassurance does nuthin' to his nervous expression so I decide to change the subject "Hey what are your plans next weekend?" I glance at him quickly before returning my gaze to the road, I can feel him tensing "Oh I'm going home. What about you?" I feel an urge of hurt go through me, he doesn't want his family to meet me. I'm not a long term goal am I? "Cocoa... Why do you ask?" Jake rubs my leg with his hand and I shrug "Oh I have regionals with Midnight about three towns over, I'll be there whole weekend. Well we're here..."

I drive into our farms driveway and I sigh a happy sigh as I breathe in the fresh air. I glance at Jake, his mouth agape from the scene around him "Those are the brood mares we breed with, we're expectin' about 6 foals in the next few weeks." I interrupt his thoughts pointing to a few of our mares grazing in the field. I point to the fields on my side "Those are our younger cattle, we keep them near the farm to make sure everythin's alright, the older cattle is deeper into the farm grounds" I smile at Jake's genuine interest in wait I'm tellin' him and I knew he'd fit right in. For now I'm just going enjoy my time with him, not thinking about him seeing me only as a short term thing. I park the car in front of our house and I smile "are ya ready Blue?" and he gives me a nervous grin "As ready as I'll-" he's cut off by my door swingin' open "Hey there Casey Cat, whose the city boy?" oh Andrew.

SO this chapter is more of a filler, but it has quite a few important points to keep in mind. I added a picture (not mine) of a few horses in a field to give you all an idea of what Casey was pointing to while driving to her home, while their at her home I'll add pictures(probably not mine) about the farm or little details just to give you a more visual idea if you want one. I know not all us girls (or boys if there are any reading this) that didn't grow up on a farm so don't hesitate to ask me if you don't get a certain phrase, like "brood mares" it's female horses used for breeding primarily. I am a BIG country girl myself and I did grow up on the farm with animals and I personally ride horse as much as I can so I have personal experiences with these things and that makes it so much more fun for me to write about! 

Also thank you thank you THANK YOU for each and every one of you reading this story and voting for this story. I welcome comments, but I guessed the silence is showing you're still happy with the story but please let me know what you think. 

Happy reading 

~S/H