Chapter 12

Fully fitted in my riding boots and a pair of denim short and a tank top I nervously knock on Jake's door. I'm nervous to put the poor boy on a horse but I'm even more nervous for where I'm takin' him, he'll be the first person to ever know of my secret place, my thinkin' place... My small daze is interrupted when I hear a sexy grumble in front of me "If you want me to do anything productive today you need to change. Right now." I give a giggle as his eyes linger from my boots up to my eyes. Can somebody just pinch me? How in sam heck did I get this gorgeous boy to be my boyfriend? And he's smart too!

"Cocoa, don't get me wrong. I'll stare at you the whole day but something tells me you're here for a different reason?" He smirks at my blush formin' and I try to gain my charm back, the boy is messin' with my insides. "Well Blue, I wanted to take you somewhere after breakfast... But I hope you're okay with ridin' horse? It's the only way to get there." And this is where my smirk forms at his slightly bigger eyes when realisation of what I had just said dawns on him like a rabbit on huntin' day. "Uh yeah sure it sounds fun actually, I rode when I was younger so I'm warning you I don't know how this is going to go tough" he chuckles nervously and I step closer, it's time to get him at his own game for once. I step into him and his arms circles around my waist, I put my hands on his chest and graze my lips on his ear whisperin' "Oh don't worry Blue, I'll make sure you're well taken care of in all the... right ways" I hear him swallow, his grip on me tightening, "you just get you're behind out of those Garfield boxers and into some pants, I don't want Nancy getting' scared of your attire now!"

I start gigglin' as he realises he's still only in his boxers, yes lookin' away from that body was not easy. He let's go and I chuckle as a slight brush creeps on his face. I give him a nudge into his room and close his door and jog downstairs to see if I can help with breakfast.

∞∞∞

"I've got to admit Blue, I'm impressed. You handled Nancy like a true gent at the stables, you two are doin' just fine so far" I smile at his sarcastic smile "Ha. Ha, very funny. I think I handled Nancy really well the third time. Why do you get the big horse?" I chuckle at his dismay "Because I handled Nancy 'really well' the first time when I was about four Blue, don't worry you're doin' great. After a while, you'll have a big horse just like ole Master here" I pet Master's neck and hear a grumble from Jake beside me. The irony of this scene is actually beyond limits, Jake, who overpowers me in height, weight and strength is ridin' Nancy a fifteen hand, twelve-year-old horse AND I who is usually the shortest friend in a group with very little strength and normal weight is ridin' Master a seventeen point four hand, 9-year-old horse. I think anyone can do the math and see the humour in this scene.

After a while we turn into the trees and while Nancy is pretty satisfied with our navigation, Jake looks a bit nervous and I giggle "Don't worry Blue, I ain't gonna kill ya!" and I just hear him mumble a few profanities. A few minutes later we come to a stop and I smile at my favourite scene. It's a meadow amongst the trees with a small cottage that Pop helped me renovate a few years ago, Its tie with a kitchen, small living room and a room with a bathroom on the small second floor that has a little balcony. I get of Master and walk him to the small pasture where the horses can graze while I'm here, a little help Daddy gave me. Nancy follows suite while Jake sits awestruck on her still.

In the pasture, I take off Master's saddle and reins and he happily walks deeper into the pasture and starts grazin'. Nancy blows out a breath as to signal Jake to get off and by the looks of it, she got him back into reality. He slowly and steadily get off her and I help him take off her saddle and reins, she gives a last blow of air and joins Master a bit deeper into the pasture, her annoyance with her rider evident as she leaves. "So this is my little space on the farm, Blue. The family helped me a bit, but I don't really bring people out here, not even Adri's been here." He looks at me with that emotion I can't figure out and I take his hand "Let me show you the cottage"