Chapter 21~ Epilogue

~~5 years later~~

Jake's Pov

"It's been an half hour Nate, where the fuck are they?" I whisper to Nate, my hands sweaty and my pulse racing. Please Cocoa, you can't-

My thoughts are wiped away as her mother makes her way down the aisle. She gives me a reassuring wink and I breathe out the breath I've been holding for so long. Thank fuck. Nate chuckles beside me, "I said that out loud didn't I?" He nods with a grin "I thought these things makes the girl crazy, but in your case... Casey's the normal one" it's true, she's been in control since we started, I on the other hand-

The music starts playing, Mandy walks in not taking her eyes off Alex who is standing next to Nate. Clair strides in next, smiling ever to cheekily first at me and then shifting her gaze to Nate with a blush. I'm happy they're going so strong. They had it hard quite a few times.

The music switches and I feel in a daze as I see the love of my life walk toward me, her arm neatly tucked in to her Father's. I wonder if I'll ever get used to this. This feeling when she's near me. The feeling when I touch her. How I can't be without her.

After today, she'll be my wife. After today I can hold her every night, I won't need to sneak into her room so her parents won't know. I don't have to worry about roommates or Andrew two doors down. Like the past five years.

I can wake up and see those beautiful eyes. We can build a life together. We haven't had it easy, we had to learn to fit into each others world. I had to 'cowboy up' and she had to adjust to having horses not only with hearts but with engines too. We fought but we loved. We chose to make it work. Now we're starting the rest of our lives together.

My eyes never leaves hers, I choke back a few tears. What did I ever do to deserve you?

Every time I thought of that question before rushes through my mind the day she came back to me, coughing uncontrollably, telling me she wants to be with me after falling off of a bike... The first formal we went together, seeing her walking down those stairs in a midnight purple dress... The time we went on the road trip to Senville, her looking at the sunset over the ocean. When we went to Andrew's wedding and she walked down the aisle as Adri's maid of honour, never taking her eyes off me. The day she pulled me into a rain storm to kiss in the rain. Every time I saw her studying, glasses on and a ponytail. Her face on the day she rode bike by herself the right way. The determination in her eyes when she competes with the horses. When she did her happy dance. When she cried for sad movies and every time she told me she loved me.

She finally reach me and her Fathers hands her over with a smile. She smiles a teary smile "Sorry Blue, cowboy boot hiccup" she whispers and I wish I could kiss her already.

Everything goes so quickly, I'm in a daze, I can't focus on anything but her. Soon enough it's time for the vows. I breathe a shaky breath "Casey Evans you came into my life so unexpected, you drove me insane with your beauty, your charm, your strength and even your witty comebacks. I fell in love with you the second I laid eyes on you. But the way I love you now is so much more... I promise to be there, protect you, support you and love you each day more. I love you so much." I pull her closer when her eyes start to water and I so desperately want to kiss her.

"We had our share of trouble. We had our share of pain. We had our share of tryin' and maybe it's not over, but I know when I'm with you I have the courage to do anythin'... I know our share of lovin' ain't done and I can't wait for us to start with the rest of our lives together. I promise to love and support you even when I disagree with you. I promise I'll always be there with you. And I promise I won't get mad at the little stuff." she giggles with tears in her eyes and I choke back my own.