Date and Disaster

Lamar*

According to Kayleen, she still couldn't find hardly anything on Renee as if she never existed... But she wasn't giving up.

That should've been sending warning bells off in my head but I couldn't worry about that right now.

**

I had sent a package of all kinds of Christmas decor to her house. I had noticed a sign on the edge of her street that said, 'Decor Competition. Vote for best house.' I'd never been in a romantic relationship or anything like that but I knew I'd have to sneak up on her. Stubborn woman.

Renee had a decent middle class home but not much decor up for Christmas. Even Christian had mentioned that she tried with the Christmas decorations but he wanted to win the competition this year. Well I was gonna make it happen for him. For them. Today Renee was off so right now I was on my way there to help her put them up.

Christian was pretty thrilled to see me again.

"Momma ya lil friend here!" He yelled.

I frowned. "Lil friend?" He chuckled. "Its a joke."

"Lil friend?" She questioned coming to the door with an apron on and her hair was in kinky curls all over her hair. She looked so different with her hair not straightened that I stared. 

Her eyes widened and she self consciously touched her hair. She did a weird little squeal and ran away from us and up the stairs.

"She wasn't expecting you bro, its okay tho that means she likes you." I was so amused and wanted to laugh but I didn't want them to take it the wrong way.

"Let's play Call if Duty till your mom comes back down." I replied.

"I'm game." Christian said running to the living room. I followed him, chuckling softly.

**

We spent the next couple of days together. I just popped up at her house I never stayed past 9 though she never asked me to go. We we're enjoying each other's company and I wasn't going to assume that since it was going good that I could rush it.

***
I called Renee's boss asking for her personally to drop me off at a location and have lunch with me. Of course she wouldn't know, it was gonna be a surprise.

Christopher was very protective of her and threatened me. Not that it bothered me, I did have a younger sister.

"I don't care if you're a billionaire, I'll personally break your face." 

"If you' re anything like her, I believe you." I replied. I heard her scolding him for talking to a customer like that and couldn't help but smile. She must didn't know it was me. I assured him I had no intention of hurting her and hung up. I would have to take her on a date to show her I wasn't afraid to show her off or I didn't mind dating outside my race at all. I was pulling out all of my cards for her.

Renee*

A huge package had arrived for Christian from Lamar this morning. More presents and I had just enough time to hide it before he came downstairs. He had written another note. 'I hope you like surprises- LM'

I checked my cell to see I had a text from Chris asking me to come in.

I was genuinely happy to get out of my house. And to see Chris, he'd been mia for the last week.

I rushed in without knocking, hearing him threatening somebody on the phone.

"...I'll personally break your face."

I scolded him, even though he was the boss. He was the first person I had came across when I was running from Christian's father. He gave me my blackbelt, gave me this job and I'm forever grateful to him. He knew my situation and what I had been through and never judged me or looked down on me. We had a great friendship allowing me to joke around with him when I wasn't driving people to locations. It also helped that I kept the customers coming back requesting for me. *smirk*

"Christopher Lee Macklin. I am appalled by your behavior! " He rolled his eyes and stuck out his tongue. "You stop that immediately, give me that phone so I can apologize for you." I said, reaching for it.

He held it just out of my grasp listening intently on whatever was being said. Then he said, "12:30 it is." And immediately hung up.

"Who was that?" I said suspiciously.

"You have a customer, Renee. You will be on call today sweetie."

"On call?! What about all the crap about being Lamar's designated driver? You know I hate on call jobs. What if I'm late picking my son up?" I whined.

"Then he'll spend some time with Uncle Chris. Relax, its always money to be made don't forget to enjoy yourself. "

Walking out the door to head up to my office, I muttered,"Why would I enjoy myself?"

The moment I reached my office there was a phone call.

"Hello?"

"Ms. Renee. There is a woman by the name of Kaylen down here to deliver you something. Is it alright if I let her up?" Christopher asked.

"Sure. Sure." I answered. 

*Lamar

It was 11:30. Saying I was nervous was an understatement. I was anxious.
Would she come? Did she know she was going on a date with me? A business date but still a date. I wanted her to see what I did for a living firsthand.

I cleared my mind. She would come, if not I'd go get her myself.

I had to meet with a acquaintance I'd met once or twice in college that wanted me to draw up plans for a customized house that had hidden doors and a basement that had a fingerprint access to it. It rubbed me the wrong way which was why I had asked to see the man to requested it in person.

I found myself wondering what she would wear. I groaned picking up my phone.

Kayleen answered on the first ring. "Did you get your woman?"

"Not yet. She's a hard one. I need a favor."

"Yes?"

"I tricked her into a date, I'm not sure if she has anything to wear so..."

"I'm on it. Finally I can meet this little vixen that has my brother wrapped around her finger."

"Whatever you do, don't tell her anything. We've had a rough start and one that started with me getting kneed in the balls."

"I already approve." She said ending the call.

I could only hope I haven't made a huge mistake by allowing them to meet.

*Vote!*