Unexpected

Unedited

From the moment I stepped foot into the condo I knew something was up. I motioned for Christian to stay behind me in the doorway. From what I could see into the kitchen, the book I had been reading was no longer face up on the kitchen table and only one person had ever felt the need to close my books to prevent me from finishing. Cane had always had a really intense dislike for my ability to get lost in a book. It took my attention from him and he never liked that. It was my safe haven, a place he just couldn't touch. All the money I had access to and I bought books. It was deeply disturbing to him.

If I could get to the safe that held the gun we wouldn't have to draw this out but Cane could be anywhere in this penthouse and I didn't want to risk Christian being held hostage by him.

"Maria... I know you're here. Why don't you make yourself comfy while I finish collecting your clothes. " I shivered as I heard that voice. All of my hatred surfaced and I nearly lost myself to all the rage I had pent up. I needed to stay calm right now.

I put my finger to my mouth and motioned for Christian not to say a word. I hugged him tightly.

"Christian I need for you to run and hide in the car but keep an eye out for us. He will take me. Use your fone to take a pic of the tag on the car if you can. Make sure you aren't seen. Send it to Lamar, wait for Lamar to come. I love you. Go!" I whispered. I watched my little boy run away, holding back tears. He was always my first priority.

"Why would I go with you? I hate you!"

He came into the kitchen with a dufflebag. "Oh you will go. I have your father and if you don't come I'll kill him and Christian."

"Your own son?"

My fone wasn't on the table. Fuck!

He glanced down my body in such a sickening way. "We can have another."

"Not willingly. Never willinging." I said.

"In that case I can kill your dad right now." He pulled out a phone and called someone.

"Get in route to the location I have her.Put the old man on the phone." Then he put it on speaker so I could hear.

"You bastard, leave her alone!" I heard someone in the background hit him then crashing. Then grunts of pain from my father.

"Nonononono! I'll do it. I'll be willing! Leave him alone!"

"Maria?! No! Don't you-" Cane hung up the phone smiling. He was so fucking evil. I was gonna enjoy killing him.

He grabbed my arm tightly dragging me with him. "Keep your head down don't make eye contact with anyone or he will die."

I put my head down and listened, following him. In the parking lot I quickly seached for my car signing internally in relieve when I saw Christian. He was peeking out recording the whole thing. I made a show of glacing around wildly and Cane backhanded me so hard I fell to my knees. He put handcuffs on me and roughly picked me up shoving me into the backseat of some car.

I glanced to where Christian was. He looked horrified so I tried to give him a reassuring look. I wanted him to see that I wasn't afraid and he shouldn't be either.

"I'll come back, I promise." I mouthed to him.

He nodded and gave me a half smile right before Cane sped off.

_Sorry I took sooo long. I just finished editing all the past chapters. Please continue pointing out errors I made!! Some parts are not the same, hopefully more realistic. If you please go back reread and vote!