Her Story

Renee*

Christian was knocked out so I simply kissed his forehead and returned to the living room. Lamar was facing away from me and on the phone.

"No, not really. The dinner was a disaster Kaylen."

I paused, listening. I knew I shouldn't have easedropped on the barely audible conversation but dammit I was nosy.

"That would mean that her parents are..." He trailed off seemingly deep in thought. He knew my parents?

"Why didn't we know about this? I mean our parents were business partners."

So he knew who I was but I knew nothing about him.

And now it was my turn to give him my side of the story. No I wasn't mad at him, not at all. He had a right to know about me just like I had a right to know about him.

"Lamar." I said. It was time to finally get this over with.

He turned and I saw that he had turned pale. I knew whatever he had been told could've easily made me lose him.

"I'll tell you everything."

He nodded and we sat down and I began, "My mom and my father had a one night stand that resulted in me being born. My mom at the time was a model and my dad was a rich white actor. My mom had always wanted to move up in life and she saw her chance. He was drunk and well she seduced him. Somehow he ended up paying her to keep me and at birth I was given to him. He raised me until my mother ended up rock bottom poor and threatened to expose him for more money.

He didn't care and she took him to court which resulted in joint custody, money, and fame for her. She loved it. She played the heartbroken mother forced to part with her baby on the account of her being black and he was the white heartless manipulater. I was 14 when she had joint custody of me and I hated her. I was mostly mute when I was around her so things were easy for her and a year later she was engaged and I met my mom's fiancee James and his son Cane. We became the best of friends and he was protective over me as I thought a brother should be but would come to find out it was more darker for him.

I was like a prize to him. Yes I loved him but not like that. He felt as if I was his reason for living and that we had to be together forever but I had dreams of leaving my mom to return to my dad. After awhile he didn't like for me to return home every weekend. And somehow he made my mom get full custody of me to be around him more. I didn't like that so I ran away. Of course he came to my dad's house with police to retrieve me.

But instead of going directly home he took me to a hotel and raped me. I won't go into details now but my mother said it was my fault for running away."

He sucked in a sharp breath wrapping me in his embrace as I continued.

"I was locked in the house for months unable to leave or even talk to anyone. Especially Cane. Which resulted in me being beaten and raped again. I became a broken shell and once again I stopped talking and now I barely ate." My mother decided to send me to rehab and I ran away again. I didn't have any money or anywhere to go so I went to my dad's house. I told him what happened and he took me to put it on file. And it blew up. You can guess what happened from there...They tried to pin it on my dad like he put me up to do it and to save him I went off the grid. I sent my mom a message later telling her that she wasn't shit for not protecting her child... But I would protect mine."

I wasn't ashamed to tell Lamar. And as I continued he never looked at me with pity or disgust. He was more angry and had a grim determined look on his face.

"Renee. I'm a good man I am but I've had to protect family from dangerous people before. I've did things... I won't fail you."

I looked into his eyes knowing that I was safe. I was safe. What did I have to fear ?

"Do you want revenge?"

"Yes."

"Then let's make a deal."