Desire Blooms

Lamar*

To say I was anxious was an understatement, I was sure that this would be happening a lot if I got seriously involved with Renee. I was facing the possibility of insanity of what Renee's past was. I wanted this woman. And I would destroy whoever had hurt her because you didn't come across a woman like this everyday. She had made me look at her, not her skin color, not the stereotypes. God I had been so ignorant.

"Not every one is born with a silver spoon in their mouth!" She'd said. She was right. I had no right to judge anybody based off their race or otherwise just because I came from a different class.

My phone beeped, alerting me to a text from my sister.

I'm here. She will be dressed to kill in a few... Thank me later. Xoxo- Kaylen

Now I was imagining how beautiful Renee would be and if I'd have to punch-

SHE WAS RAPED- Kaylen

I immediately turned my phone off not wanting to know anything else right now because I would need time to digest this and I didn't want to ruin Renee's mood with mineif I wasn't careful and I wanted to treasure her. Make her feel confident.

I vowed, I will treasure her. If only I could make her see me, Lamar, not the billionaire.

Renee*

My thoughts were all on Lamar...

What the heck was going on? What Would he have me doing today?

I was so worried. Even dressed to perfection right now, I was afraid. Nervous. I knew I wouldn't make it in time to pick up my son from school, but I knew my boss had him covered. My son adored Uncle Chris.

My Gps let me know my destination had been reached as Lamar walked out of the skyscaping building confidently. I got out to open his door when he stopped me.

"Hello Renee. How are you? Did you enjoy those gifts?" He asked warmly. I'm sure he could see the wheels turning in my head as I stared at him.

He was just so nice and respectful despite his face being unreadable. He just seemed so untouchable. So warm and manly...

I stuttered a bit, feeling as if I was under a spotlight.

"I-I've been p-pretty good, yeah thank you so much."

He took my hand preventing me from opening his door gently.

Being Considerate.

"Anytime. How is Christian? Would you mind telling me a little more about him?"

I smiled brightly at him. As he led me back to the driver's side, opening my door instead.

"Christian is wonderful, he's been put up to another grade again but you knew that. I sent all his paperwork and his letter recommendation from his teacher to Empire. I surely hope he can get in because his school doesn't challenge him at all and he is unhappy there."

"He'll get in. " I'll make sure of it.

"Yeah. I don't doubt that but its a "private" charter school for most celebrities they might just decline." I said, finishing in a whisper. I had finally voiced my fears aloud and to a billionaire no less.

"Renee." He said causing a shiver to run down my back at how sensually he said it. "Don't worry about that, your son will get in, nobody can pass up a bright kid like Christian. You know we can check on his status right now I'd love to give you support."

"Really? You don't mind?"

"No I don't mind."

I released a breath I didn't know I was holding, I was really really starting to like Lamar.