Chapter 14

Jordan's POV

I walked to work with a smile on my face. I am usually not a morning person so I don't know why I was smiling. I greeted everyone in the lobby and grabbed my ID card.

"Good morning Ms.Parker"

"Morning Christmas"

"Coffee ?" Christmas offered.

"Thank you, what do I have on the schedule today? " I asked her as she hands me the coffee.

"Just a bunch of paper works and Children Helping Center called in to thank you for your donation." 

"Got it, anything else ?"

"Nope"

"Is my father here?

"No Ma'am" 

"Thank you, Christmas"

I sat on my desk and twirled around brainstorming new technology ideas for the company.

I was sketching and looking at plans when my door burst open.

"I am her best friend. What do you mean I have to have an appointment. Do they not know who I am" Gisele said walking into my office.

"I am so sorry. She wouldn't listen to me Ms.Parker." Christmas said with Gisele at my door with a smile on her face.

"It's fine." I wave Christmas off and greeted my best friend.

"We are having lunch," she said before I can even open my mouth. I didn't even realize it was lunchtime.

"Okay." I grabbed my wallet and walked out with her.

"So where's James? Does he works with you?"

"No"

" I don't like that Christmas girl by the way. "

"Why? Just because she won't let you come in without an appointment?"

"No," Gisele said but I can tell she lying because she crosses her arm when she does.

"Right. She's nice, and get the job done." I say as we got off the elevator.

"Whatever. I am in the mood for a sandwich. You ?" She asks while we walk to the car.

" Anything is fine," I said.

"They give free chips at this sandwich place," She said with a smile.

I drove us somewhere she can have her craving and we ordered our lunch and took a table by the window.

"They let you out of work for lunch." I pointed out.

"Couldn't keep looking at Chad" 

"About that, I am sorry I bailed out on you when you needed me."

"It's fine Jordan, seriously. I.. "

I placed my hand over hers, "You going to get over this. Time heals and you'll look back and everything will be in the past."

"You right," she said and wiped her the tear that was about to fall. 

"Don't cry"

"Thank you,  Jordy," she said using the name she gave me when we first met in Kindergarten.

 I smiled and kissed her cheek and we left.

------------

James stood by my office door with flowers in his hand and a smile on his face. 

"Hey, how was your day ?" he greeted me.

"Fine, and yours? "

"Amazing now,  I get to see you. Thanks for asking," he replied with his cheesy answer.

"Funny" 

"What?  You don't believe that you just made my day. Well, get used to it because I'll always remind you"

I sat at my desk and James came over my shoulder.

"What are you working on ?" 

" I want to work on a mini Global Positioning System,  that let you track down where someone has been and still is, but here is the twist, I want it to also record what's going on at the moment of time. 

"Sound interesting. Need my help ?" 

"What do you know about technology? "

"Has your dad never let you know what we do? "

"You have made a good point because it wouldn't make sense for me to train someone that is not in the same business field as mine. "

"Well, we work on technology parts, you order them from us and your company builds with them. We can do like a college project."

"What about your company? "

"I can work from anywhere I am Jordan, this is why I love my job" 

That is also not a bad idea, he just came today full of good ideas. 

I took his offer and he sat across from me telling me what parts will fit where to give it that mini look. He sounded so passionate and he gave me his full attention. 

This is what we will be doing from here on now.

"I think we made a lot of progress today." He said after a while of us working. 

He got up stretching and looking at his watch.

" I think we did. I'll see you tomorrow ?"

"Actually I am meeting with my father. Maybe you can come and let him meet  the person that has taught his son everything that he needs to know." 

"UM..." 

"It's nothing to be afraid of "

Yes, there is. Meeting one person in the family leads to meeting with a lot more, and everything becomes official. I don't even know what this is.

Instead, I opened my mouth and say "Yes, sure" 

"See you tomorrow," He said and smiled at me.

"Thank you so much, for your help. I'll walk you out "  

" You have a good night," he said once we reached the lobby, giving me a kiss on the cheek. 

"You too," I said and head back to lock everything up, shutting down all electronics to head home myself. 

-----------------------------