Chapter 6

Jordan's POV

James did come the next day and on time, waiting inside my office may I add. Christmas, my secretary probably let him in. He was casually walking around my office eyeing my bookshelf inside the office and touching my belongings.

"Don't touch that. Rule #1" I said walking in.

He turned around with a smirk. "GoodMorning Jordan."

"GoodMorning," I answered him.

I started to talk to him about the meaning of being in a business, how it functions, the responsibilities that come with it so I could detect if he is really serious about this career. He wrote everything down. He was listening and not throwing smart comments.

Every day of the week he would come in and do the same thing. I'll show him around and talk some more. 

Today was the last meeting, which was  Friday of the second week, nobody stays in late on Fridays. They have people to go home to unlike me.

James and I started packing our things in our work bag to make our way home.

"What do you do on a beautiful Friday night like this ?" James said as we were on our way to the elevator.

"I go home and you should too," I said not looking up from my phone.

"Go out with me."

"Excuse me ?" I finally lifted my head to look at him

" I mean, let's go out to eat somewhere, we been huddle up inside all day and it's Friday Night after all." He smirked.

I've only known him for a few weeks. I was hesitant to give him an answer and he noticed it.

"Fine, bring your friends and I would bring mine too so you don't feel uncomfortable"

I didn't want it to seem like I was uncomfortable with him. I mean the two of us were in my office alone for hours. I just nod and  I know how excited Gabby would be to get out of the house and doing something we both like.

"Nice. See you tonight. I'll text you the details" He said.

He waved goodbye and got in his car. I did the same and he waited until I left the office garage first then proceed to head home.

I decided to call Gisele and Jerome on a three-way call on speaker and told them the plans for tonight as I drive.

I reached home and started calling Gabby's name all over the mansion.

"Gabby"

"What? What? I bet London knows my name by now" she said. I rolled my eyes and told her the plans for tonight.

She squealed and rushed into her bedroom to get ready. I walked in mine and did the same. I finished first and waited for 15 mins for Gabby to find a purse to match her outfit.
Jerome and Gisele meeting me at the place.

I drove there and parked my car. I automatically saw James outside waiting for me. He wasn't wearing his suit which gave him a different appearance. Gabby rapidly got out of the car once she saw Gisele with Jerome since they haven't seen each other since Gabby went to College.

I walked to James and introduced him to my friends.

"Drinks on me tonight." He said to my friends and me.

"Where's your friends," I asked since I didn't see nobody around him.

"Inside. Follow me" he said.

Once we got inside, the music was active. Everyone was on the dance floor, people kissing in the corners. James lead us to a booth and 2 guys waved him over.

"Guys, this is Jordan," James said over the loud music.

Everyone introduces themselves.

"I am John and Single"

"I am Shawn and this is my girlfriend Mia"

"I am Christelle," his last friend said...

Then my friends and sister  Introduced themselves as well so I didn't have to talk.

"I am Gisele"

"Gabby"

"Jerome"

"Nice to meet you guys," Mia said

I left everyone getting to know each other a little bit more and quietly went off to order some drinks.

"Can I have a sprite, please"

"Not planning to drink tonight ?" someone said behind me. James came and sat next to me and order something as well.

"Henny, please," he said.

"No, I am the Designated driver," I said.

"Right"

"I really would like to get to know you outside of work Jordan, it doesn't always have to be about business."

"You right. But when business collide with whatever you're suggesting, it never works"

"Who says I didn't want to just be your friend ?"

As much as I wanted for us to be friends, why did it sting a little when he said it to me.

I gave him a blank stare and he tucks a piece of my hair behind my ears.

"Nobody said we can't be more than friends as well. We can go at your own pace."

I didn't know what to say.

I was seeing someone different. I was seeing more of James. Then I felt a tug in my heart that I know all too well. I pushed it to the side.

"Let's dance." He said

"I don't dan-"

James dragged me to the dance floor and started to dance horribly with no care in the world.
My friends and His friends started joining as well, we all were having fun and getting along.

It's been too long since I was so carefree and It felt good.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N - Had to get introductions out the way first.