Chapter 7

Jordan's POV

Last Night was great. Everyone had a great time and just needed the night off.

Saturday is Mall Day and that's what we were going to do.

Unfortunately for Jerome and I, we have two obsess shoppers, Gabby and Gisele who would take longer at the mall.

I drove all of us to the mall while we listened to some music. We reached there, Gabby and Gisele sped walked to the door while Jerome and I taking our sweet time.

"What are we going to do about Chad?" Jerome whispered to me. Look like he didn't move on like he said he was going to. We slowed our walk so the girls won't be able to listen to our conversation.

"She stills with him? I thought she would break up with him by now then we wouldn't have to do all the work"

"She goes on dates and come back to me to spill the details"

"How about not making yourself that much available to her. You always there Jerome. So maybe once she sees that you might not always be there then she'll be scared to lose you."

"Alright, what do I do ?"

"I am no expert, this might sound bad but stop responding to her texts, only If it's about Chad, go out, meet new people yourself "

"If it doesn't work ?"

"Then go online for dating advice," I said and laughed at his facial expression.

"Jordan ?"  I am starting to familiarize myself with this voice all too well now, James said standing in front of me.

"Are you following me ?" I asked.

"I believe malls are for the public so we would most likely run to each other again," he said with a smirk on his face. There it is again. Cocky James.

I groaned at his smart answer and started walking with Jerome,

"Only Business. Remember?"

"Nope. We said, Friends"

I rolled my eyes. This is not High School.

"I didn't know guys come to the mall..." I said, changing the subject.

"We tend to when we have girlfriends," James said then he noticed what he said. "I mean Girls as friends."

We three walked more to the center of the mall in search of Gabby and Gisele. 

"I came with my friends. Would you like to join us? " James asked and turned to look at me.

"Yoo, You coming man ?" Shawn yelled across the mall. James nods in response and focuses his attention back to me waiting for an answer.

"Yes," Gabby said coming behind us.

"No," I said at the same time Gabby agreed. "We wouldn't like to ruin you guys' time. " I said finding a way to decline the offer.

"It's fine. " James said.

"My sister is a little anti-social don't mind her but I bet your friends are wonderful company when it comes to shopping right ?" Gabby said.

Gabby started walking ahead towards the guys and Gisele follow her and I  pulled Gisele by the arm and hissed at her.

"You too ?"

"What ? they can't be that bad. Let's go, Jerome." Gisele said.

I finally gave up when I realized nobody was on my side.

I rolled my eyes.

"I guess 3 against 1 huh ?" James said.

"Always," I said.

"Hate shopping ?" James asked in an attempt to make small conversation as we walk.

" a lot," I said.

And from the corner of my eyes, I can see him smile.

It was a short one but a real smile.

"Okay, let's get going !" Mia said leading the group to wherever we supposed to be going. "Do you guys like shopping ?" She asked the girls.

"Yes. Omg. Shopping is the reason I breathe." Gisele and Gabby said.
That's their go-to saying when someone asks.

"What about you Jordan ?"

"No, I am just here tagging along for the fun of it," I responded.

"Let's go in here babe," Mia said yanking Shawn's arm.

"Okay, Okay" Shawn cried

"I am going to the book store," Christelle said excusing herself.

"I'll come with," I said, relieved that there was at least one person that actually do not like shopping.

"Gabby, want me to show you around ?" John said.

"Do not be a prick and scare her off," Shawn screamed at him and he just flicks him the bird.

"This is my sister," I said to John.

"I won't bite. " John said looking at Gabby.

Jerk.

"He not bad," James said trying to reassure me that John won't do anything to my sister." I'll watch her for you. Go ahead"

James went with Shawn and Jerome. Gabby is with John in front of them. Gisele is with Mia while I tagged along with Christelle.

"What type of genre are you interested in ?" Christelle asked as we walk in the entrance of the store and the smell of old pages filled our nose.

"Non-Fiction" I answered

"Same, I know where they are."

We searched the shelves like crazy until we found ourselves on the floor with a pile of books that we picked.

Sometime later, I sense a shadow above us which was blocking my view and I looked up but Christelle already knew.

"Need something, Adam?" He flinches when Christelle uses his last name without looking up at the book she was reading. How did she know it was him?

"I was wondering if you guys wanted to actually leave the library and have lunch with us because we are hungry."

"Sure." Christelle and I said at the same time.

"Did you have fun?" James asked me while we walked side by side.

"Yes, Did you ?"

"Yes."

We fell into silence as we kept walking.

"I thought your face would be in piles of papers on a Saturday," James said.

"Guess, You don't know me like you thought you did. And besides, I have a life too. It doesn't always need to be about business, especially on Saturdays."

Christelle snorts making James & I look at her.

"Sorry. It's the book." She waved the book she checked out in her hand like she was not eavesdropping at all.

In the little time that we spent reading and talking about the collection of books, she is growing on me. I have a feeling, we will be friends ...

—————————