Chapter 9

Jordan's POV

"I wanted to have lunch with you," I said as I am walking in my father's office.

"That's a surprise "

"Oh stop it Dad."

"What? I am speaking the truth. I wasn't really expecting the CEO to sit with me"

"You are full of jokes today aren't you, but let me tell you, Paris is doing really well and progressing."

"That's wonderful honey, I am proud of you," he said kissing my forehead.

"Thank You Dad"

"Let's talk about more serious things, when will I get some grandkids?" He asked, I was waiting on him to burst out laughing so I can too but he was serious.

"Oh Daddy, not you too.  In a million year " I groaned. People have been trying to play my matchmaker since I can remember.

"You ready honey, what are you waiting for?"

"The man"

"James"

I stared at my dad. "Seriously, you will let me date some strangers because you want grandkids."

"He is not a stranger, I've known his dad for a long time. All you have to do is open up Jordan. You have to let go of the past. You deserve happiness baby"

Right. What could be so hard?

"How is mom so far ?" I  asked changing the subject.

"She is great. We actually planning to have Sunday dinner at my house, Invite everyone."

"I'll let everyone know, thanks for the lunch dad," I said and went to kiss his forehead.

———

I walked in my office, sat down in front of multiple papers again.

I finished checking and replying to emails that needed a response and got distracted by ads. I glanced at my watch to see it was time to leave the office already. Time goes by fast when you having fun.

I picked up the phone and called Christmas.

"You can head home. I'll be leaving early today. Tell tech to make an online website for people that want to apply to this company " I said since I know she always wants to stay for a little while to check up on everything. But I always have to remind her, I pay someone for that.  

"Thank You Ms.Parker," Christmas said over the phone.

"Have a good night."

"Same to you"

We both ended the call and I pressed my bottom drawer to get my work bag. I grabbed my car keys and head for my office door.

I headed to the garage and drove off to my house.

"I'm home," I called out.

"Auntie home !" I heard Amber voice cried out.

"Auntie," Greyson said following behind Amber with their little feet running.

" Hey, you guys," I said pinching their cheeks. "How about Auntie Jordan go and get clean up first and then she can give you guys big kisses."

"Okay." They both said heading back in the living room.

"Hey. How was work?" Gabby said coming out the kitchen with some fruits in her hands.

"Fine," I said and walked upstairs to change up. I took a quick shower and put on my PJs.

"Are you guys ready ?" I said plopping down beside them on the couch watching Spongebob.

"Yes !!" They all cheered included Gabby. I shook my head at her and grabbed Amber and Greyson placing them on each side of my arm as they eat their fruits.

"Mom said Greyson and I can sleepover,"  Amber said.

"Ofc. Munchkins, anytime." I said to her.

"How was School guys?" I asked looking at them.

"It was amazing. I got an A on my drawing" Amber said. The first to speak.

"What about you? " I asked. "Greyson? " I called out his name since he didn't reply.

"Greyson, are you going to tell Auntie Jordan what happened at school?" I asked in the third person.

"Well, I...I got kissed on the cheek." He said playing with his fingers.

"My little boy was growing up already?"

"yes, I am a big boy now."

I chuckled at the kids and they got back to watching TV ignoring my presence. That's it? Only 2 mins of talk.

A few minutes later, I glanced at them on my lap to find them fast asleep. Even Gabby. And I started to doze off too...

__________________________________