Chapter 8

Jordan's POV

Mall Day, wasn't the same yesterday. We had company, so Gisele and I couldn't really catch up on her new boyfriend Chad.

So I invited her over on my "StayIn & Netflix'sDay"

"Slumber Party," Gisele said at the door.

"Uh no. I don't do those stuff anymore. "

"Lightened up Parker, Damm. I brought Snacks"

"Perfect."

I had "Arrow" playing on Netflix and we finished watching the episode together.

"So I heard about Chad, when were you going to tell me ?"

" You been so busy lately and I didn't want to be a bother"

"You're never a bother Gisele"

"He is so good to me. He buys me gifts and sends me cute texts. He is the whole deal. I don't know why you don't get yourself a boyfriend"

I almost shivered at the word "boyfriend". As long as she's happy I am not going to interfere until necessary.

"Relationships are not for me. "

"I'll just wait when you meet the one," she said

I roll my eyes at her and pop popcorn in my mouth.

We started to watch another season but  Gisele fell asleep first and I followed next.

__________________________________

Mondays are the busiest day at the company.

I arrived at work and went into the lobby to get my VIP card. I place it on the elevator screen and the door opens. I step in and wait for it to close but as it was going to close someone hand got in the way.

"Oh my Gosh. Are you okay?" I asked and James's face came into view.

"yes actually, Good morning, were you worried about me ?" He joked.

"Good morning James, no " I lied

In the corner of my eyes, I can see him smiling which made me smile. We stay quiet and I watched the numbers go up until it reaches the 10th floor and I got off.

As soon as I stepped out of the elevator Christmas had my coffee and telling me what I had planned for the day.

"There's an email from Paris. The owner we stationed there is in town, and he wants to schedule a meeting with you, which I did"

"That's fine. Tell him I am available today after 12. The meeting will be held in the meeting room."

She nods and jotted down what I told her and left.

I entered my office and started working right away, I picked up my pen to sign approvals. As I scribble down my signature, I came across a letter. It had my name but no name of the sender. No address. I carefully open the letter and a paper was neatly enveloped inside.

Dear Jordan,
I miss you and I hoped we will see each other again so we can catch up. I am proud to see your progress and it would be such a shame to not be by your side supporting you like everyone else is.

I shakily dropped the letter with little words but held so much meaning to it. I automatically had a flashback of the day my father stepped down and told me to take over. The ceremony, and Him standing next to me. I didn't notice I was in tears until it landed on the neatly ink written paper.

No! Not again. I don't want to see him. Ever. I reach so far in life for him to try to come back. I know exactly who it's from. And I am not going to let him get to me. He  was the past.

I rushed to put the letter back in the envelope and place it in my drawer as I grab a tissue from the tissue box that seated on the corner of my desk to wipe my face.

"Why would he wants to come back, haven't he done enough damage? " I asked myself silently.
I couldn't believe it.

I quickly cleaned up myself in my bathroom and get ready for the meeting.

I walked to the elevator and pressed the 2nd floor to my father's office and knocked twice when I reached the door.

"Jordan, What brought you here ?" He said looking up from his Ipad. James was seated in his office, talking to him.  

"I have a meeting with one of the managers about our share in Paris."

"Oh really, would you like for me to join?  "

"No that's fine, Dad.  I was actually thinking, James and I could go so he can know how a meeting should be held. Do you mind? "

"Yes no problem "

"we will be in the meeting room," I said and exited his office with James behind me.

——-

The meeting went smoothly, I told the owner of the share we have in Paris what I wanted, he showed me results and progress and a lot of boring stuff.

"Want to grab lunch ?" James suggested when the meeting ended.

" I already promised my dad I was going to lunch with him," I said avoiding being in a room with only him.

"Oh, that's okay" He sounds disappointed but I brushed it off.

"I wanted to Thank You for everything you taught me in so little time, is there any way I can do that over dinner, sometime in the future then ?" he added.

"I'll let you know" I said and
headed back to my office.

__________________________________