6

Previously...

Xavier and I sat under a tree, watching the wind take the petals fly away.

I realized that I was having a good time. Then, I realized why Xavier had shown me the flowers.

"Thanks." I squeezed Xavier's hand.

And so it continues...

"You're welcome." Xavier had shown me the flowers to be unstressed.

"You should smile more often." I looked at him. "You look even prettier when you smile." He looked back at me. "Haley, you are beautiful." I felt myself blush. "Even when you blush."

Xavier let go of my hand. He put his hands on my waist and pulled me on his lap.

I moved my hands up his arms. Then looped my arms around his neck.

I looked into his eyes. They were amazing. They were my favorite color. They were the color of nature.

Xavier leaned in and I closed my eyes. He lips were on mine. His lips were soft. The kiss was slow and gentle.

A face appeared in my head.

It was the face of Brandon.

I pushed Xavier back braking the kiss. I looked away from Xavier. I felt Xavier's breathe on my cheek.

"I should go." I said. I got off of Xavier's lap, and went to the house. I grabbed my papers.

"Haley?" Xavier touched my shoulder. "Did I do something wrong?" I turned to him.

"You shouldn't have kissed me, and I shouldn't have kissed back." He looked hurt. "I'll finish the results at home." I looked away and headed for the door. I reached the door and was about the leave, but something made me look back. Xavier was still watching me. He was still full of hurt. What could I say? What could I do? I've already messed up. I opened the door and just left.

~~~~~~~~~~

I sat at my desk, finishing the results from the project. Every time I wrote a word down, I thought about Xavier. Every word I wrote down gave me a reminder of the kiss, and what I said. The reminders filled up my head. After a while, I called Vanessa. Of course, I had to use my house phone

"Hello?" Vanessa answered.

"Why is life so stressful?" I asked.

"It's just the way it is." I signed. "Haley, you want to chill with me?"

"Where?"

"Met me outside the café in ten." Vanessa hung up the phone.

Vanessa was outside the café waiting for me.

Wind blow through her blond curly hair, showing her earing. Her earrings were silver diamond studs.

"Haley!" Vanessa waved at me, and I waved back. We entered the café together and sat at a booth. The both was next to a wall that had a picture of how the café looked years ago. In the 90s' it was really different, it didn't even look like it was a café.

We picked our menus; there were so many options to choose from. There was coffee, cappuccinos, smoothies, lemonade, ice tea, and juice. To eat, there was cake, cookies, muffins, sandwiches, and salads.
A waiter came to take our order. He didn't asked us what we wanted through words. The why he asked us was by taking out she pen and notepad.

The waiter was around his twenties. I guess today's his first day since I haven't seen him here before.

"I'll have a cappuccino and a piece of chocolate cake." Said Vanessa. The waiter looked at me.