13

Previously...

A rose grows when a sun rises and when the water is near...

The sun raises in the east but the nearest water location isn't in the east but it the west.

You'll remember me?

Who is he? Brown eyes, I know too many people with brown eyes.

Think, Haley, think!

And so it continues...

The rose bush...

The park that it's planted in has a steam. I use to call it a little river.
I opened Vanessa's closet and grabbed a random shirt and pants. I then pulled my hair back into a high bun.

I dashed out of the house. I continued making my way to the park at the same speed.

~~~~~~~~~

From the entrance of the park, I could see that there were more leaves on the ground. As I made my way to the rose bush, I could see that it was no longer alive. The dower petals had fallen off. There was only the sticks left.

The sun raises from the east. I position myself in the east but I still faced the rose bush. I put my arms straight forward to the direction where the shadow of the rose bush would be.

Once I figured out where the shadow would be. I went to the spot and cleared the leaves out of the way.

It was a long shot but I tried it anyway.

A small door became visible. I opened it, expecting to find my sister trapped or find another clue or riddle. But when I opened it, a horrible smell escaped from the inside.

I didn't have to look down to know what the smell was. I already knew...

Tears slowly came running down my eyes. I felt this pain in my heart like I've been stabbed. My breath started to become heavier.
But before I can let my emotions take over. I got on my phone and texted my parents.

~~~~~~~~~~

Blue and red lights flash from everywhere. They all surrounded the park. Police officers came running of their vehicles. My mom and dad  were behind them. They ran to me. My mom hugged me, while my dad looked down at the door.

He quickly turned around and threw up. He had smelled the same thing I did.

Police officers stood over us and watches us. I looked at them and they had their eyes full of sympathy.

Other officers started attaching caution tape around the park.

My dad was yelling to the police officers that had come over to our house before. "You said even find her!" My dad was blaming the police officers for not helping Heather, for not finding her sooner.

My mom was still hugging you tight. I could feel her tears on the back of Vanessa shirt.

Another officer had tried to get as both out of the way. But my mom wasn't  listening and I was staring at the little door.

They hadn't went under yet. They weren't going to do anything until we moved out of there.

"Mom."I said. "Let's go." She didn't move, so I moved and pushed her with me. The same officer that tried to get us out of there, lead us to a bench.

I sat my mom down, and then sat down next to her.

Another officer had joined us. He had a notebook with him.

"I'm sorry for your lost." He said. "In order to catch the person who did this-"

"Brandon Evers." I said without hesitation. "He came to my house yesterday and the day before." I took out my phone and showed him the miss calls from Brandon.

"Are you sure?" He asked.

"Yes." I had lost the most important person. I had no problem with telling the police everything about Brandon.
The officer took notes on my words. He was about to leave, but asked one more question.

"How did you find her?" He squinted his eyes at me. I looked at my phone and swiped to the Message from the unknown number.

The officer looked at it and looked back at me. "But this doesn't explain how you found her."

"He told me where she was." I didn't say who, because I didn't know who told me.

The officer was still looking at me. He had a strange look on his face.

"Are you done now?" My mom sobbed. She grabbed my hand.

"We'll continue this conversation later." He closed his notebook and walked back to the scene of the crime.

The other officer stayed with us. She sat down with us, trying to comfort my mom and I. But her tears wouldn't stop.

I looked around the park, seeing the police everywhere. Outside the park, was a crowd of people. And in that crowd was him.

He was looking directly at me.

"He's over there."I said. The officer looked in the direction I was facing. She got up to talk to other officers.

A group of them headed over to the crowd. The officer that interviewed him was in that group. As they got closer, Brandon started backing away still facing me.

He was no longer in the crowd, and could be easily seen. The police officers walked faster towards him. Brandon noticed this. He did a U-turn and ran at full speed.

I saw the police chase after him until they were out of sight.

Moments later, I heard gunshots, followed by a screams.

And then... nothing.

Hello everyone! We're nearing the the end! Yay!!!
Like two more chapters left:)

I hope you all had a wonderful Halloween!
I know a I did!! I went trick or treating with my friends. And took a picture with Baymax from Big Hero 6:)

I also brought my Trig grade up!! I now have a C ... it's not the best but it's better than a D... I'm trying...

Please let me know what you think and feel free to point out any mistakes in my writing:)

Thank you for reading this story and this chapter!