9

Previously....

"No, it's-" Xavier put his lips on my collar bone, kissing my collar bone.

He stopped. "It's what?"

"Nothing."

"Haley, talk about something." He said. I gave him a look as if he was crazy. "Talk about anything."

"I don't know what to talk about."

"You." He said, and continued kissing my collar bone. I gave in to him.

And so it continues....

Kindergarten, I always scribbled on everything. First grade, I scrapped my desk with scissors every Friday. Second grade, well, I didn't have many friends. I was kind of a loner. Third grade, I was pulled out of Science Class. I was in modification. I was below grade level. Fourth grade, I decided to start pay attention in class. Fifth grade, Vanessa transferred to my school and she got me out of being a loner."

Xavier moved his lips to my neck. It made me stop talking and it made me let out a sigh. His lips touched my bruise. It hurt but the pleasure took over the pain.

"Keep talking." I felt his lips move on my neck as he spoke.

"Sixth grade, Vanessa and I became best friends Seventh grade; I decided to pick up my grades. In eighth grade, I got a scholarship to the school of my choice. Vanessa got a scholarship for Richmond High. So we both decided to attend Richmond  High. Freshman year, Destiny became my second best friend. Sophomore year, I started to play the clarinet." I touched Xavier's jet black hair. "And I met you in junior year." I stroked Xavier's hair.

We stayed like that until...

Xavier's phone rang.

:Sometimes I hate technology." He said. He answered the phone and went across the room.

I only heard parts of the conversation he was having on the phone. "...yeah." "Tell them..." "...she's at your house." "...Okay, I promise." Xavier hung up the phone and came back to sit next to me.

"That was Vanessa." He said. "She said your parents are looking for you." My eyes widen in surprise. "I told her to tell them that you're at her house." Xavier saw my look. "Why so shocked?"

"My parents hardly ever realize when I'm gone." I said. "Oh." I looked into his eyes, and saw a change in them.

"Stop that." I said.

"Stop what?" He asked.

"You have those gloomy puppy eyes."

"I'll stop, if you stop." He negotiated.

"What am I doing?" I asked.

"You have those sparkling beautiful eyes." He said with a grin on his face. I felt my cheeks burn up. He laughed a little. "Let's watch a movie."

I fell asleep in the middle of the movie. I held on to Xavier's hand and rested my head on arm. My whole body was shivering from the cold.

After a while, I wasn't shivering anymore.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Sun, bright sun, it came through the glass window.

I woke up with a brown fuzzy blanket on me. I was sharing the same blanket with Xavier.

I kissed Xavier on the cheek.

"Good Morning." I whispered to him. I reached for Xavier's phone. It was on the table, on the other side of Xavier. I needed it to check the time. I couldn't reach the phone. I could've just got up and went around getting the phone, but Xavier was still holding onto my hand. He wasn't letting go. Oh come on, what if I was late to school? I moved a on my knee. I was in a very awkward position. I was on left knee; my face was inches away from Xavier's. I tried to reach for the phone and not crash onto Xavier's face, but it didn't work.

All of the sudden, Xavier let my hand go. He caught me in his arms and turned me around, so that I would be sitting on his lap. "Good Morning to you too." He placed a quick peck on my cheek. "Here you too." He handed me his phone. I turned it on and looked at the screen, it was six in the morning.

"It's too early." I gave Xavier his phone and rested my head on the crook of his neck. "You what I'm craving for?"

"Pancakes?" I nodded. "I'm craving them too." He smirked. He picked me up and placed off him and on the couch. "I'll make breakfast." He went to the kitchen. I looked around the room, that wasn't my house. I had stayed at Xavier's house through the night.

What's going on? What am I doing? Why am I here? I made out with Xavier and I just met him....

I got off the couch and went into the kitchen to find Xavier.

"Why did you make me up when I fell asleep?" I asked.

"you looked so peaceful sleeping, I didn't want to ruin that." Xavier said. He poured batter into a pan. "You fell asleep through the good part."

"My bad." He flipped the batter.

"Did you finish the results." He asked. The results for the science project, I never finished it.

"No." He grinned at me. "Did you finish the calculations?" I asked him.

"Nope." He responded. "What should we do about it?"

"I don't know." I said. "We have time to eat breakfast and finish the project."

"Or you can eat, and I'll just finished the project."

"No way, we're doing this project together.

"you still have to go home and get ready for school." He said.

"I'll do the calculation, I already have them." I said.

"Then I'll do the results." He replied. Xavier gave me a plate of pancakes. "You should eat."

"So should you."

"In a minute, I need to get something first." Xavier left the kitchen.

I sat at the table and begin eating the pancakes. Xavier was such a good cook.

He came back a few minutes later with something green in his hand.

"Here." He gave me a scarf. "I think it suits you." The scaf was a dark shade of green, and it looked as it was hand made.

"Thanks." I said. Xavier grab another plate of pancakes for himself and he said next to meet at the table.

After breakfast, I kissed him on the cheek as a goodbye and then left.
When I entered my house I found a note on the table next to the door.

Brandom came by asking for you, keep your distance from him.

Destiny also called asking for you.

-Mom

Great, Brandon was looking for me, but what did Destiny want?  She  hasn't called me for a long time.

I went into my room and change into a long black sleeve shirt and skinny jeans. I wrapped Xavier's scarf around my neck, hiding the bruises. I put on my converses and tied the shoelaces.

I grabbed the calculations and put them in bag but as I was doing that I found something that wasn't suppose to be there... my phone