Chapter EIGHT

"Because a woman like you is impossible to find."

--Unknown--

***

Aiden's car was already outside my office building when I reach the front door. I still can't afford to buy a car of my own. My bills are taller than me right now. Aiden said that it is not necessary for me to have a car since he got his own. And he is more than happy to send and fetch me from work every day.

I should be happy to see him this afternoon, but my self confidence is below zero degrees. What if he sees me in the way my officemates do?

"Hey, what's wrong?" Aiden asked once I am inside his car.

"Am I fat?"I asked my head bend down.

"Who said that?"

"Am I fat?" I repeat.

"Okay, compared to the first time we met, you gained some pounds."

That's it. I covered my face with both of my hands and I started to cry. Aiden rush to my side, and pull me to his chest.

"Hey, not the ugly fat, you just gained some pounds, maybe because of too much chocolate. Hush now." he pulls my hands away my face and wipes my tears.

"Am I ugly now?" I asked after sobbing.

"No, you're the most beautiful woman I've ever saw." he said in full seriousness. "You're the sexiest woman I've ever met, Alyana." he added and kissed my lips.

"Then, why wouldn't you..?" I trail off and sob again.

"Because, you deserve more than that." he said not waiting for me to complete my question.

"But you've done it before, don't you miss it?"

"I do, but, I can wait. You're still young. You have dreams, don't you?"

"I am 21 years old, Aiden, I have a degree, some women didn't even reach the age of 18 before they give it away." I said frustrated.

"And your point is?" he asked

"You can't do it with me, because I'm fat, I'm ugly." I start to cry once again.

"Don't put yourself too low lovely lady. You will always be beautiful in my eyes," he said and kisses my forehead.

"I don't want chocolates from now on," I said with a pout. He laughs at my newly found hate against chocolates.

"Come on, stop crying, and stop begging for my body, I will give it to you soon," he said in a wink.

I slap his arms playfully, "You're crazy," I said with a little laugh.

"Fix yourself, we will eat, I'm dead hungry." And kiss my lips once more and hand me a box of tissue from his dash board.

I want to start my diet but decided against it in the last minute, tomorrow will do.

He waited until I look presentable and start the car.

***

I am looking at the menu, searching for a healthy meal when I heard a female voice.

"Aiden!" the woman shriek. I look up and saw a stunning woman; she got a body of a model and a smile of a beauty queen. I know her. Kendra Park. Aiden's ex-girlfriend.

She's a model, and I am like a whale, with just lipstick on my face, it made me feel like my face was bare, the woman had immaculate make up.

One day I will learn how to put makeup.. And you'll see Kendra Park. I thought bitchily.

Aiden stood up and the woman kissed Aiden's cheeks, Aiden's hand went on the woman's upper arm. Why does he have to touch her? I felt a knife slashing my heart.

I am blinded with jealousy. I decided to pretend that I am scanning the menu, but my insides are raging. I want to clench my fist, but that would be too obvious. I want to grit my teeth, but Aiden could hear it. So, I decided to vent my anger on the menu. Silently cursing this woman talking to my boyfriend. I didn't even hear their conversation. My mood went sour, and I can't eat right now. I am so fat; I will start my diet now!

The next thing I knew, the woman was saying good bye to me. I just nodded my head and I fake a smile.

"Alyana, I am talking to you, what you want to eat?" Aiden asked for the third time.

"I am not hungry; I will just have an orange juice." I said in monotone, and I never opened my mouth to speak for the rest of the night after that.

***

"Alyana, what's wrong?" Aiden asked once we were outside my apartment. What's wrong? Seriously?

"Nothing, I am just tired." I am still in monotone. My self confidence was down, and that woman almost made it below a hundred degrees.

"You're too quiet." He said, concerned.

"It's nothing." I said and open the passenger door.

I was about to turn the knob of my front door when I felt Aiden's presence at my back. I open the door and he came inside with me.

"Can I stay?" Aiden asked.

"What do you mean?" I wrinkled my brow and turn around to face him. My face giving nothing away. He shrugged his shoulders.

"I know you're not fine, can I stay the night?" he asked again and grab one of my hands and lead me to the couch. "..tell me what's bothering you"

I sigh deeply. "You look good with Kendra," I said and feel the stabbing pain in chest. Just thinking of it made me want to die or better yet, kill that woman.

Aiden laugh loudly. He arched his back and lean his head on the headrest of the couch still laughing like there's no tomorrow.

"What's so funny?" I asked irritated.

"Finally! You're jealous!" He said like he won the sweepstakes jackpot prize. I made a face and he made a serious face after a beat and look into my eyes. "It just feels so good to know that you're jealous, Alyana, you don't know how happy I am right now." and he kissed me like it is our first.

"Don't make fun out of my jealousy." I warned.

"I don't, I just love you, and you're the only woman in my life, always remember that," Will I ever get tire of hearing those words from him? Maybe never.

"I love you too," I said and hug him. I inhale his scent, it feels like home. My nerves are starting to calm. My jealousy is starting to fade.

"When I look at my future, I always see you, I can't be with any other woman other than you," he said sincerly, his words go straight to my heart. "Kendra didn't make it to my heart like you do,"

"But she's pretty and sexy" I said like an errant child.

"You are sexier, but if you want, we can jog every morning, if that can boost your confidence," he proposed, changing the subject.

"Sounds appealing," I grinned from ear to ear.

He pintched my nose, "You're such a child sometimes," his face becomes serious, "But you know what?" I shake my head. "For a beautiful lady like you, you really have to learn to control your farts." he said laughing.

"I never fart in your face!" I said defensive. My eyes are wide.

"Okay, I can always pretend I never heard it." He raise his palm up. I stand up and throw him the pillow sitting in the next couch. It hits his face and his laugher just went louder.

For a perfect moment, he really has the talent of ruining it.

A/N: Alyana is a little childish in this chapter because she is just 21. But Aiden find it amusing and refreshing. Unlike the former girls he dated. Alyana made him act his age. She made him feel alive. And for the first time in his life he want to see himself with her until they are old and gray. :)

Love,

Mitch :*

Red LilacOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara