Chapter 44

Aiden

It's Monday, and this day had been giving me cold toes. I'm not happy that Alyana is going back to work. But I can't tell her what I really want. We will surely fight, and I think it's better if I shut my mouth rather than her. When she's quiet she's surely mad. Until now, I still can't deal with her when she's mad. She's impossible at times like that.

For the record, I can't seem to knot my tie. This never happened to me. Oh God, she's just going to work. She's not like going away. I sigh in frustration and rake my hair.

"Problem?" Alyana asks as she walks toward me. She's dressed imaculately in pencil cut skirt and gray office suit top. She's still fucky sexy even her belly is starting to get round. She's holding her stelettos on her right hand and a hair comb on the other.

What? She's going to wear that knife of a heeled shoe? No!

"Please help me with my tie." she knot her brows and then do just what I ask after putting her things down.

"There you go." she said. She tip toe and surprise me by kissing me squarely on the lips. "Better." she said and smirk at me after pulling back.

"Now I am a lipstick stained man." I open the drawer and hand the hair dryer to her.

She smiled at me before sitting down and started to dry her hair.

"You're not happy with this, are you?" she looks at me through the mirror and I shake my head.

"It's better to lose in the argument than to lose you." I turn around and went on her shoe cabinet then look for something that can make me breathe the whole day without worrying about her every step.

"Please wear this, or I'll die today." I put down a pair of flat shoes that I think will match her clothes.

She frowns again and shakes her head.

"Don't you think you're a tad over protective?"

"No arguements on Monday morning, wear this or you'll not going out."

"Fine!"

***

"The engagement party is two nights away. Be sure to be ready for that day." I said as I check my phone calendar for my schedule.

"Do we really have to do it?"

"Yes, it's a part of the tradition."

"Do we have to follow every traditions?"

I look at her this time and she's looking outside her window. We are on our way to work using the SUV. Max in behind the stiring wheel.

"Yes and I already broke some rules." she looks at me. Her gorgeous eyes shinning like the sun in summer. She's excited to back to work, for the first time I don't regret my decision to allow her to do the things she really wants.

"We don't have to follow all those rules. If we made passed the line of the rules you are talking about, that is because we love each other. And loving each other is not a sin. Most couple nowadays are having kids out of wedlock."

"We are not most couples. I want our kids to be proud of us. I am doing this because I love you, not just because of those rules and norms. You will only get married once in your life, Alyana and I want to give you the best one." I answered. She seem satistified because she move closer to me and lay her head on my shoulders.

"I love you, too." she whispers. and for the first time since this morning, I feel my tight tensed muscles start to relax.

***
"How's your day?" I ask Alyana when she stepped inside the SUV.