Chapter 29

"Don't you know things can change? Things will go your way if you hold on for one more day."

--Unknown

***

Aiden drive out of my drive way, but he turn to the corner and rounded again and we stop just in front of his house and mine.

"Did you forget something?" I asked, my brow wrinkled in confusion.

"No, I have something for you inside." He shifted to his seat and grabs my hands. His fingers are cold a sign that he's nervous.

Why? What does he have in store for me?

"What do you have in store for me?" My eyes bore on him waiting for some wicked glimpse in those deep blue eyes. But all I get was his serious look.

"I have no plans of raping you Ms. Francisco. I just want to show you something." He said in all serious tone like he was talking to a five year old child like he always was.

"It's better to make things clear." So I can prepare myself. I added mentally.

What am I thinking? Didn't I plan to think things first?

"You know how I respect you." He murmurs but clearly. "But sometimes, I regretted it too, that I didn't do it five years ago. Maybe, it can change things between us today." he added.

My jaw drops on the floor. Oh God!

"What do you mean, how can it change the things?" I asked coyly.

He shrugs his shoulders and look ahead of his car.

"Maybe, we are chasing kids in our house by this time, instead of I am trying to gain your heart back. I know you have dreams, Alyana. I don't want you to blame me for not achieving it."

Oh my God! This is the reason why he never...

"You're right, I have dreams.." I keep my eyes looking from afar then I inhale deeply.

" I know I shouldn't leave. But.." I cut him off in mid sentence. I don't want to rehash things all over again. Regrets can't make any better in our situation.

"Let's just see what you prepared for me. Enough talking for tonight, Okay?" I tried to smile. But what he said was still burning in the back of my mind. If I just said yes.. If I didn't get jealous. Things could change. We shouldn't be here..

Aiden's House

He guided me inside his house. I've never been in here--Mr. Smith, the former owner was a little too private person-- but I can sense that everything inside this house is new, including paints and ceilings and wall decorations. The house is now in modern furniture and modern designs. I've never noticed this house being renovated, or maybe I am too busy with my life.

He leads me to the hallway where there are three doors, he opens the second door and I was so amazed to see a mini home theater. Wow! There's food waiting in the table in front of the cream leather sofa.
The room is huge and it can accommodate a big family. I looked at him questioningly.

Are we going to watch a movie?

"Yes, we are going to watch a movie, but a diff'rent movie." he said answering my unspoken question and switch off the lights and just let a small wall lamp illuminated the room.

He motioned for me to sit beside him. I took the offered seat, but I still keep a little distance between us. He looked at me like I've grown two heads but laughter is in his eyes.