Meeting the couple

After finishing our meal, we talked for awhile. Him cracking jokes, and me trying to crack some, which turned in my embarrassment and his laughter. After some seconds, the laughter died down and we sat in silence before the girl with brown hair and then brooding guy i saw in his memories came and joined us, hesitant. The girl eyeing me, suspiciously before clearing her throat and eyeing Damon

"are you a friends of Damon?", i tilted my head to the side slightly, eyeing her carefully before nodding slightly.

"You could say that, you are?"

"Elena Gilbert, and you?"

"Lupin, Amara Lupin. Pleasure to meet you, Elena Gilbert, and you are?"

"Stefan Salvatore, excuse me did you say Lupin? As in-"

"the first family with both werewolf and witch blood in existence? Yeah, although it sounds pretty amazing, all of it is just legend, sadly. No turning on full moons or voodoo for me"

Letting out a small forced laugh, i closely watched their reactions to my jokes. The brown head, or Elena, went wide eyed for a few seconds before she threw a glance at Damon and Stefan, who were starring at me like they couldn't believe who i was. That was enough to send me running to the hills, far far away from here. Getting up i started to make my way out of the seat when Stefan sat down right in front of my way, blocking my exit. Gulping, i slowly sat back down on my seat, scooting away form Stefan slightly.

"okay. You know what i am, so what are you.", Damon smirked and opened his mouth to speak but Stefan beat him to it,

"vampires."

Letting out a small cough, i looked around tense and starting to panic. Stefan noticed, and moves away from me slightly, putting his hand slightly out and towards me, as if that would calm me down. Why am i here sitting with freaking vampires! I don't want to be here with vampires! Okay take a deep breathe, and just get up and walk out the door. Nothing happened. Okay again, just get up and walk out the door! Again, nothing happened. Why aren't you walking out the door?!!

"are you okay?", shaking my head i gripped onto the bag tighter, trying not to scream my head off.

"no im not okay! you guys are vampires! I'm sitting with vampires! and im a Lupin, that just makes it worse! I have no idea who you guys are and that makes you dangerous! Why did it have to be vampires?! You guys are so impulsive and cant control your blood lust, and i cant even change because its not a full moon, and i cant do witchy stuff because there's people and i do-"

"shut up! Were not reckless young vampires, were old. We know how to control ourselves, and we just want to ask you some questions that is all nothing bad is going to happen to you"

I looked at Damon, squinting my eyes, studying his words and his face, before relaxing a bit and then tensing up again. If i was here, there was a reason. There was always a reason for why i decide to go to a place, and honestly im sick and tired of my destiny.

"Look. I am sure you guys are good Bambi eating vampires, but i cant help you with whatever it is you guys need help with. I- im sorry i just can't, im not even powerful enough to apparate, yet anyways. Um so yeah..im sorry"

I couldn't make eye contact with them. Of course nobody wants to make eye contact, with somebody who needed their help and they just plain denied it even before they knew what it was.

"have you ever heard of the Mikaelson family Amara", blinking i slowly nodded my head looking up at Damon my eyes slightly wide,

"yeah... the original vampire family with the original hybrid...why?"

"There here, in Mystic Falls"