Chapter#8

Not edited.

Hira's POV:

'Text me as soon as you reach your destination.'

I email Muhammad Shah before covering my head and pinning up dupatta.

I may deny what Saba said about Muhammad Shah being the famous actor Zulqarnain but there is a small conscious part of me who believes that it might be possible. But still...

I slid my phone in bad and enter the living room. As soon as Saba saw me ready she also gets up.

"Baba we are going." I said peeking inside his room.

"Okay! Come before Maghrib." He instructed as always.

"Of course. Allah Hafiz." I said.

"Allah Hafiz Uncle." Said Saba.

"Allah Hafiz beta (child). Say my Salam to your parents." Baba answered.

"Sure." She nodded, opening her umbrella.

"Oye! Put that back." I hate when she uses her fancy umbrella on a hot summer day. But according to her fancy umbrellas are for summer they cannot be used in rain.

"Shut up and walk quickly. I don't want to miss the bus." She settled her bag on the shoulder again.

Luckily we got the bus earlier than expected and now we are sitting side by side on a long way to the exhibition centre.

"Yar! Sometimes I think you shouldn't have taken the education field. Your M.Ed degree is a total waste now." She said out of nowhere.

"I know yar! But you know I love teaching."

"But you knew from the start that- Ullu ka Pattha." My eyes go wide and my head snapped towards her when she let out a curse instead of completing the sentence.

She was frowning and I follow her gaze to the man who is sitting on the first seat of the gent's compartment. I cringe and look away. He looks like a dirty drunkard. No wonder Saba mumble such words. The way he was looking at her I want to get up and poke my fingers on his eyes. But I couldn't do that so I try to calm Saba down.

"Just ignore that idiot." I said petting her arm.

"I want to kill him instead of ignoring him." She gritted her teeth.

"Leave it na yar." I somehow manage to divert her mind but soon we were disturbed by a girl shouting. We both look back to the source of the voice and find a young girl accusing the same man of touching her inappropriate way. He argues back that he didn't and she is lying.

The next moment without any hesitation the girl slaps him on the face with full force. Everyone froze in their places in shock, even the man who got hit. After a moment when everyone broke out from trance, an old lady pulled the girl from her spot and few gentlemen step towards the man, who starts yelling that the girl is mentally retarded because she is accusing him of something he didn't do. Before the girl could reply Saba speaks up.

"He is lying I saw him touching her."

"Oye!" I quickly grab her arm but she elbows me. Means I should remain silent. The drunkard man glares her. But before things get too far a middle-aged man with few others forced that drunkard to sit on the last seat while the girl sits on her own. When everything settled down I glare at Saba.

"What? He deserves that." She shrugged.

"Yes, he does." I sigh before saying, "Well I have to admit. It was a nice shot." I wink at her and we both chuckle.