Chapter#45

Unedited.

~*~

Ahmar's POV

We all gathered at Hira's house on Zaid's meet up call and as expected, it was about yesterday's mishap. They wanted me to apologize to her but my ego wasn't allowing me to submit to their advice or to the sense of guilt.

"You are being unnecessary stubborn right now." Faiq shot a comment at me.

"She shouldn't do whatever she pleased." I shrugged.

Faiq let out a defeated sigh and look at Tahir who was busy playing games on mobile, ignoring everything going on in his surroundings.

"Why aren't you saying anything?" Zaid asked Tahir.

"If I say something he will accuse me again of taking her side."

"Aren't we all doing the same thing?" Faiq got a bit annoyed.

"Well, I will suggest you guys remain silent as well. This matter is no longer about the four of us and Miss Hira. Ahmar's family is involved in it now and he knows the better what is good for him and his family." Tahir's serious tone was enough to tell me that he doesn't agree with the words coming out of his mouth.

"Our families will eventually be involved in it." Said Zaid staring at me.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"What made you think that our families won't be invited to your parents' anniversary celebration?" Zaid asked me.

He... has a point!

We have family terms with each other!

"You aren't in this alone." He pointed out the fact.

"But he thinks he is." Added Faiq.

"So let him be." Tahir put his phone at a side and sits up properly.

"Why are you guys ganging up against me? Just give a break." I protested and everyone went silent.

They were right, there is no way that their families won't be there. They realized it but remain calm but what happened to me? Why I went out of my character?

Inhaling a deep breath I leaned against the wall behind me.

Sitting on the carpeted floor all of us were lost in our thoughts. I don't know what other was thinking but I know that it must be related to Hira.

"Did she drag us in this situation on a whim?" Zaid threw a question at us.

Absolutely not!

"She isn't a person who works without a plan. She has been thinking the whole scenario for quite some time or else she wouldn't have offered her house and bound us with silly wishes." Faiq answered Zaid's question.

"I doubt her wish was silly. She thought everything thoroughly, recommending us a drama containing a story of our age students, struggling with their problems and finding their destinies. Aren't these things too much for coincidences? I would never believe it." Tahir explained his point of view.

"She was preparing us for the event. How cunning of her." Faiq let out a sigh.

Indeed!

~*~

Hira's POV:

Combing my hairs I let out a dejected sigh. My eyes were red from lack of sleep, I spent all night tossing and turning, thinking about all the events that happened in a single day. After a long time, I finally managed to speak to Uncle and luckily he understood my point. Zulqarnain was also supporting me from the start and without any objection for which I was thankful to him. But when the time came for the action. The main party retreated.