XVI - The Observer

All the ships were ready to depart from planet Life and King Mirov went personally to bid farewell to his fleet. Fizard was going to command the mission and supervised all the details of the operation.

"Let's eliminate Merko! I'll savor my revenge after all these years. Don't forget, Colonel, that I want the enemy dead or alive. If you bring him alive, I will be delighted to see his humiliation and execution. But if it's necessary to kill him, bring me his body. I want to make sure he's really dead," Mirov ordered.

"Your Majesty, I take with me the robots that are real killer machines. They will leave no stone unturned until our enemy is captured."

"It won't be easy to defeat Merko, despite all the self-confidence you have. I want to see results and not just fallacy. Now go and finish them off. Don't forget, infiltrate our spy before you even enter the planet. He'll have to do a thorough investigation into the routine of our enemy's family. Enter with only two ships in the planet's atmosphere, not to catch the attention of Earth governments. That should be enough to annihilate Merko. Leave three ships orbiting Jupiter, serving as support for the mission. If necessary, they'll come to you to assist you. Don't forget to launch our powerful viruses on Terran information systems. This way, their computers won't know about the presence of the ships. The invasion of the radars to neutralize them must precede your entry into the planet. The two ships that will enter the terrestrial space must penetrate the sea and search it until finding Merko's ship, Star Hunter. Destroy it and look for our man to kill him."

Mirov thought with a sly smile:

"If I can't destroy Merko on this mission and he returns to planet Life trying to attack me, I've already thought of a solution: I'll return to Earth's past and destroy his family or the people he loves the most there, even before he can return. I'll be waiting to see him on his knees begging for the lives of others."

The soldiers were lined up in front of King Mirov in the base's anchorage. They were waiting for the speech of encouragement that would be made:

"This is an important day for planet Life. You, brave soldiers, will be remembered for your courage. You must enter the Earth and bring Merko, the traitor, dead or alive, so that everyone remembers that I, Mirov, am the King, and all my enemies must be annihilated. Give your blood in this endeavor and know that whatever you do will be for the mother planet. Everyone will be rewarded on your return from the mission. Now go and fight with bravery!"

The military cheered the monarch's words and entered their attacking ships. The fleet went into deep space, and Mirov, with faithful Radof at his side, watched them until they were out of sight.

"You seem quite confident, master!" Radof said.

"I believe they won't fail. But if something goes wrong, I sent with them the spy, Dargan, to find out as much information as possible. Even if I have to go to planet Earth personally to kill Merko and all his descendants, I will. Nothing will take away the satisfaction of seeing my enemy at my feet, begging for your life. He'll pay for every minute I've been in prison."

As they talked, the ships headed for the intergalactic passage to the Milky Way galaxy. At an ultra-speed they entered the wormhole and within a few hours approached Jupiter. The five ships lined up in attack position near the Callisto Moon. Behind the giant planet, it would be difficult for them to be detected by terrestrial radars.

One of them took Fizard with six more military aliens and headed for planet Earth. The rest of the crew was made up of engineers, maintenance personnel, and those needed for the ship's general services.

***

As soon as Fizard arrived near Saturn, he sent the spy Dargan to the planet Earth by teleportation. He materialized in the Institute of Cosmology where Nicholas worked. Dargan was an excellent soldier. He materialized holding a handbag inside one of the bathrooms in the building where the Institute was located. There were no cameras there, because it was an intimate environment. It was night and the shift was over. He soon looked at himself in the mirror and saw his extraterrestrial forms.