Chapter 10

"Mom, I'm sorry. I should have protected you that night. I knew dad was going to do something stupid but I didn't know he was going to do that. And I just stood there and watched. I'm sorry. I really wish I could go back to that night and jump in front of you. Then, you would still be here." I said through my tears.

I heard leaves crunching behind me. I stood up quickly and turned around. It was Jesse.

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

"I followed you to make sure you were okay." Jesse said.

"I'm fine." I said.

"Do you want to tell me what happened?" he asked.

I sat down and patted the ground beside me. He sat beside me and looked at me. I took a deep breath.

"My mom died a few years ago. I was there. My mom and dad had been arguing a lot that day. My dad was getting really mad and I knew he was going to do something stupid. I was sitting on the bottom of the stairs by the living room when they were arguing. My dad pulled out a gun and shot my mom. I tried to jump in front of her but I was too late. That's when my dad and brother started calling me Bullet. Because I tried to jump in front of my mom and save her." I said.

I heard something behind me. I turned to see the rest of the family. I stood up and turned around.

"It's okay if you don't want me to stay with you anymore. I'm sure I can find a place to stay." I said.

"Savega, everyone here has had a hard past. But we trust each other and know everything that has went wrong in each others lives. It just so happens that you're not ready to trust yet. But you're getting there. No matter what, we're still family. And that includes you, Savega." Mia said.

"Thanks." I said.

"Let's go home." Dom said.

"Can I get a ride?" I asked.

"Where's your car?" Vince asked.

"I keep it a alley near the track." I said.

"You don't have to do that anymore. Our garage has room for your car." Leon said.