Chapter 15

---Savega's POV---

I went inside but walked past everybody and out the door. I started walking down the sidewalk. I just needed to clear my head. Me and Jesse almost kissed. Almost. We were so close until Dom walked in. Why did you have to walk in Dom?

"Long time no see, Savega." someone said. I turned around to see my dad and brother. I turned around and started running. I heard their footsteps behind me. I heard them yelling. I turned just a little bit and ran into someone. I looked up to see Jesse. He had the family behind him. I wrapped my arms around his waist. He secured his arms around me, holding me close.

"I suggest you walk away and don't mess with Savega anymore." Jesse said.

"And what are you going to do about it?" Ash asked.

The family stepped up. Ash and dad backed up. They glared at me.

"This isn't over, Savega." dad said.

They turned around and walked away. I tightened my grip around Jesse. He rubbed my back with one hand and held me closer with the other.

"It's okay, Savega. You're safe." Jesse whispered. His voice just calmed me down. I slowly let go. He put his arm around my waist and turned to the family.

"Thank you." I whispered, looking down.

"Family looks out for each other. And protects each other." Vince said.

We all started walking back to the house. I went to the garage and sat on the hood of my car. Jesse came up and stood between my legs. He placed his hands on my thighs. He leaned in closer and closer. I leaned in the rest of the way and we kissed. I put my hand behind his neck to pull him closer. He put his hands on my hips. We pulled away smiling.

"Savega, will you... uh... be my girlfriend?" Jesse stuttered. I smiled again.

"Yeah." I said.

I pulled him to me and kissed him again. We pulled apart and smiled at each other. He took my hand and led me inside. He sat on the couch and pulled me into his lap. I laid back on him and smiled at him. Everybody looked at us, expecting us to say something.

"What's going on here?" Mia asked.

"What? My girlfriend can't sit in my lap?" Jesse asked.

"Finally!" they all said.

"What do you mean finally?" I asked.

"We've all noticed how calm you are around each other and how you look at each other. It wasn't hard to tell that you liked each other." Letty said.

I just smiled. The first real smile in a long time. Everything was perfect. I have a real family that accepts me for who I am. And I have an amazing boyfriend. They all know about my past and they still accept me. They protect me and look out for me. I couldn't ask for a better life.