Chapter 11

I smiled and walked to my car. I hopped in and sped off. I didn't feel like going home right now. So I rode back down to the track. I got out and walked over to Tej.

"Hey there, Savega." Tej said.

"Sup, Tej." I said.

"Want another race? This man needs an opponent." he said.

He pointed to a guy at the starting line. I smiled. I got my car and headed to my place on the starting line. I reeved the engine. Tej started the race and I was in the lead. I hit the NOS and finished first. I got out and stood by Tej.

"Here's your money from both races." Tej said.

He gave my 2 stacks of money. I took some out and handed it to Tej. I saw blue lights and heard sirens. I jumped in my car and rushed off. I quickly got to the house without being seen. I walked in and saw Dom.

"Where were you?" Dom asked.

"At the race." I said.

"Are you okay?" he asked.

"Yeah. Why wouldn't I be?" I said.

"I heard sirens." he said.

"Sorry. I'm fine." I said.

"Get some sleep." he said.

I headed upstairs. I took a shower and got in bed. Why did I feel so calm around Jesse? I'm usually only like that when it comes to cars. But it's different with Jesse. I trust him. And he made me trust the others. Maybe I can tell all of them about my past. Yep. I'm going to do that tomorrow. Just then, I fell asleep.