Chapter 12

I woke up the next morning. I took a shower, got dressed, and went downstairs. Everybody was in the living room. I went in and sat by Jesse. He immeadiately put his arm around my shoulders.

"Guys. I should tell you all something." I said.

"Go ahead." Brian said.

"Well. The guy Jesse and Dom seen at the race the night they met me, was my brother. His name is Ash. My dads name is Aaron. They are both cops. My mom died a few years ago and you all heard that story last night. My dad and brother are very abusive. I got kicked out of school because I have ADD. The only thing that calms me down is cars. And I recently discovered something else that calms me down. I was in juvi for 2 years for stealing cars. I was 14 when I did that. I got kicked out of school when I was 17. I'm 19 now." I said.

"Do you think your dad or brother is looking for you?" Jesse asked.

"I'm not sure. They never really wanted me." I said.

"What's the other thing that calms you down?" Mia asked.

"Oh. Uhm. I can't say." I said.

"How did you learn to race like that and never lose?" Letty asked.

"Tej and his friend Roman and Suki taught me. Also a guy in Tokyo named Han taught me to drift." I said.

"You know them?" Brian asked.

"Yeah." I said.

"Mia and Savega, can we take a ride?" Letty asked.

Me and Mia nodded. We went out and got in my car with me driving. We were driving for a while.

"Look, Savega. You can trust us. Tell us what the other thing that calms you down is." Letty said.

"Jesse." I said.

"Do you like him?" Mia asked.

"Yeah. A lot." I said.

"Tell him." Letty said.

"No. I can't. I don't date." I said.

"Why?" Mia asked.

"The last guy I dated, abused me just like my dad and brother." I said.

"Jesse would never do that." Letty said.