Two: The Purple Case

Jay

Even though I was covered head to toe in sweat and my body

was mildly tired from practice, I sprinted up the stairs to my room, closed the door, and tugged off my smelly workout shirt.

Landing at the foot of my bed, I whipped the phone in its purple silicon case out from my gym bag and tapped the phone's screen on.

The screen illuminated a picture of Sydney and a guy with

my arm wrapped around her shoulder nonchalantly.

My jaw about came unhinged. There on my mate's screen was

a picture of her with none other than Mathew Hill. Mathew was one of the omegas of my soon to be pack and a very low omega on the totem pole at that.

Sydney was leaning into him as her blonde hair was whipped around them from the wind. The two wore grand smiles splayed across their faces and their cheeks pink like they were previously been laughing together. Mathew's brown eyes were bright and locked on happy Sydney. Her purple-haired friend, though her hair was a powdery blue in the photo, and what looked to be the driver of the getaway car, a caramel-skinned girl with tight coily hair and boxy glasses stood behind Sydney and Mathew staring at each other with funny faces, but that didn't matter to Jay's wolf.

She's ours! A physical snarl tore from me per my predatorial side unannounced to my human half.

Ignoring him, I pressed on. The phone slide to a locked page showing a keypad and the request for a four-number code.

What were you expecting? It to be unlocked or say, 'oh

my phones locked but here's my password?' My overly snarky wolf

asked. She's an attractive young woman for goodness sake. I bet guys are trying to steal this all the time. He paused. What if she has pictures of herself naked on there!?

While my wolf was trying to run me ramped with adrenaline, worry, and a need to claim, Sydney didn't strike me as one to do that.

Nevertheless, this tug to claim her had me fiercely agreeing that I did not want another guy looking at her that way.

What if she has a boyfriend? Ha, she can't find a better mate than me, but she can probably find better than you! My wolf mocked.

Do you lack the ability to shut up? I shot back riled by his jab.

Well-

Do not answer that.

Whatever you say human, but we are finding out if she has a

boyfriend. And in the instant she does...let's just say he'll end up gutted and scattered in the woods.

I like where your minds at. I found myself agreeing to my animalistic side's nefarious plans.

I know I'm brillian-

Mentally I quickly shut my chatty wolf and his massive ego down then continued to see if there was a way around the lock on Sydney's phone.

My wolf and I were often polar opposites of each other. Because of that we normally complemented each other well but it also brought

up millions of disagreements.

While I don't consider myself to be the usual alpha-to-be who slept with everybody that's because I don't, but that said on occasion I found myself crawling out of the beds of some of the female wolves. It wasn't because I deemed human's unworthy, but she-wolf were strong and we both crawled into bed knowing we weren't the ones for each other, that one day our mates would come along. I just wasn't looking to shatter innocent girls' hearts.