Fifty-Five: A Day Later

Sydney

Everything hurt and ached. The past day had been what I like to call hell.

We have to get up. My wolf spoke weakly.

My face was pressed into the cold grey floor of my cell as blood trickled down my cheek from my temple and dried, irritating my already neglected skin.

"Get up Little Wolf, we have a show for your mate and I want it to be good." Logan's Beta, that I have come to know as Tether spat darkly.

I took a painful breath and tried to get up but my limbs didn't want to cooperate.

"Come on! Get up!" Tether yelled with a certain cheer in his voice. "Do you want me to kill your mate's best friend?"

Rolling my head I followed his gaze and found it was on a bloody beaten Terrence being held up by two men.

I hadn't seen Terrence again till now. But now I could barely recognize him.

☽One Day Earlier☾

Air filled my lungs like never before. The sound of an engine roaring beneath me filled my ears.

My hands pressed into the surface that my body laid on feeling the vibrations that wouldn't stop.

"What is the Alpha going to do with her?" A deep voice questioned.

"I don't know..." Answered another man.

Slowly I opened my eyes and waited for them to adapt to the inky blackness that surrounded me. When my eyes didn't adjust I moved my hands around to feel for something. I came up with nothing so carefully I pushed myself to sit up.

Just as I got up, the oscillations of what I was being transported in stopped, and the motion jerked forward nearly falling on my face.

It had only been at most ten seconds before voices came from outside and light flooded into space I was in.

My eyes quickly found the source of the light. My brain made the connection that I was in the back of a moving truck and that the man who had just opened the door was the devil himself.

From the open doors of the truck, Logan gave me a smug smirk. "Why hello, Beautiful. Long time no see." He turned to the group of armed men behind him and said, "Round her up. Get her in cell 0. We are getting everything done right away. I don't need my idiot brother coming after her or her mate." Once again he turned back to me. "See you soon, Star," He ended it in a bitter tone.

Logan walked off leaving me to stare at the men given the order to 'round me up'.

One guy butted the man in front of him with his gun and whispered, "You go. We'll cover you."

The guy nodded and stepped up into the truck making it jiggle a little.

"Just let us get you out of here nice and easy...then we don't have to use the guns on you," the man attempted to soothe me.

Inside me, my wolf started to rattle awake and become stormy with anger. Unintentionally I flashed my lengthened canines and let out a fierce growl escaped my throat.

"Now calm down little Missy," the man raised his hands as if trying to give me a reassuring gesture, but by his voice, he sounded very annoyed.

He moved closer towards me and I let my wolf take over.

She threw our body at him with all our force. The man grunted as we fell on top of him. My wolf used my hands to throw hard punches. Too blinded by anger, my wolf didn't notice the other men grabbing at us and dragging us out of the van.