Twelve: Dreams & Voices

Sydney

I awoke on what looked like a ground of clouds and fog. The sky was dark like one was on a moist morning with a storm rolling in. The place smelled of wet dew and freshly cut grass.

"Hello, Sydney. How are you feeling?" A male voice asked.

I turned around to find a man with shaggy blonde hair who looked to be a little older than me sitting on what looked to be a stone bench. Like the ones found in cemeteries.

"Who are you?" I asked.

"Nobody important; are you alright Sydney?"

I scanned my body to find my right pant leg ripped open. Moving my hand to my aching neck I found small amounts of crusted blood as well.

Memories of Elliot attacking me and Mat and Jay saving me crashed back to me.

"What happened to me?" I asked.

"Come sit," he patted beside himself. "I'll tell you."

Hesitating I slowly stood up and cautiously walked over to the mystery man's side.

He grabbed my hand and placed it between both of his large ones. The hair on the back of my neck rose. I was extremely uncomfortable.

"How do you know who I am? Where am I actually, that's my first question?"

"You'll know in time, Sunshine. And technically we are in your mind."

"How are we in my brain?" I was beyond perplexed.

"Right now, you are unconscious. As for how I'm here let's just say I have my ways."

"Um okay...So what happened to me? Wait! I'm not dead am I?"

Mystery man chuckled. "I just said you were unconscious."

I crossed my arms defensively. "Well, your definition of 'unconscious' may be different than mine. So I'm not dead is what you're saying?"

"No, Sunshine, you're not dead."

"Okay, then why am I unconscious?"

"Elliot he bit you. Jaycen and his little friend discovered you and brought you to their packs home. You passed out before you got there."

"Wait erm, what do you mean 'pack home? And wait, how do you know Elliot bit me?"

Once again he chuckled. Then he leaned back on his elbows and stared up at the sky.

"You see that?" He pointed.

I looked up to see the most utterly breathtaking view of the sky. It looked like pictures from NASA of outer space blown up on a massive screen for me to view.

The stars were all different in size and brightness, while their background was dark purple which had fades of black and dark blue with the occasional streaks of red.

"Wow," I breathed.

"Sydney,"

I turned and looked back towards the mystery man.

"Yes?" I asked.

"Tell your little Alpha, Logan says hi."

Before I could ask him what he meant he lunged at me, his used to be dark blue eyes turned blood red as his nails extended into talons.