Talking It Out.

Chapter 15:

Amber's POV:

No, no, no, no, no, no! Why now? How? He was wearing protection, this shouldn't have happened. Damian throws the pregnancy test on the bed and hugs me off the ground.

"Oh Amber, I love you, I love you, I love you", he says over and over. I gulp and just go along with it. "This is wonderful, I haven't been this happy since I got you". I give him a weak smile. "Amber? What's wrong?"

"I don't think it's the right time", I say.

"Please don't get rid of our baby, you can't do that Amber", he begs. How could he think I would get rid of our baby, I would never do that. Maybe he only thought that because of what I said. "It's my baby too and I don't want you to, please I'm begging you not to do that. I know you're the one who has to carry them for nine months but please do this for me. I know it's a lot to ask but please I want this baby more than anything. I want you and them in my life, I want us to be a family". Those are the sweetest and cutest words he's ever said.

"I'm not going to have an abortion Damian, I would never even consider that. I don't believe in abortion", I say. He relaxes and calms down.

"You're going to give it up for adoption, aren't you?"

"It might be easier if we just do that", I say. Then we could still do school and go on with our lives. We could give them to someone who really wants one and has been waiting for ages. A baby can cause lots of arguments and we could break up then I'll be left to look after the baby by myself as a single parent. "Don't make this hard for me Damian".

"But Amber, how could you give our baby up. You're their mother and if you give them up they'll be calling someone else their mother. How could you go on with life if you keep thinking 'what if'?"

He's right, if I give my baby up all I would think about is them. I'd regret it and I wouldn't be able to go on knowing that they think someone else is their mother. Every second I'd be like 'what if I didn't give up the baby', 'how different would my life be' and all other sorts of questions.

"I beg you Amber to not do that. I can't lose something I've been waiting for my entire life. I just got what I've been waiting for: a family, you can't seriously take that away from me. Please Amber". He had gotten on his knees and he was hugging my flat belly.

"I won't", I whisper with tears in my eyes.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you. You've made me the happiest person in the world". I know I have, I've never seen someone so happy and excited in my life. His eyes were lit up with happiness and his grin was even wider, which I didn't think was possible.

"But Damian what if we break up? I can't lose you, I don't want to be a single parent".

"That will never happen, I'd never leave you. I'm always going to be here, I'm not losing you or our baby", he assures me. It was so adorable when he said "our baby".

"I don't get how this happened? You wore a condom", I say. Well it could've broken? They only work like 98% of the time or something.

"Yeah", he says nervously.

"You did wear one right?!"

"No, not the first time. But all the other times I did". He's dead! The first time was seven weeks ago, damn so I'm seven weeks pregnant already. I should have found out sooner.

"This is all your fault, you did this on purpose", I yell.

"I didn't, I just forgot. I seriously didn't think I would get laid that day".