Chapter Four

Hailey

Holy shit, holy shit, holy shit.

I swear fireworks went off in my stomach and shot up my spine the minute Will's quiet and dead serious-sounding words hit my ear drums.

Holy shit.

I was used to a low profile. Normally, I didn't have guys coming around making suggestive comments.

He could tell, I was sure. Especially if that wink was any indication.

"Alright, everyone. First up today, I want to introduce a new student to the class. Nathan Strong, would you stand up please?"

Nathan Strong.

That name rang in my ears again and again.

Nathan Strong. Nathan Strong.

Nathan Strong!

Shit.

My past just caught up with me.

Will

I didn't know what to make of the new kid. He was the lean kind of strong (and, honestly, didn't really live up to his expectations), with jet black hair and a sort of mean sneer on his face. And his had leery eyes that put my back up. And they were leering right at Hailey.

What's up with that?

A knot of anger worked its way into my gut. I may have only looked at the guy briefly, but he seemed like the slimy and weaselly type of guy that I hated.

Hailey wasn't even looking at the guy, which made me extremely happy.

That's it. I was talking to Izzy the minute she got home. Fuck me, I liked a girl.

And I had no fucking idea what to with that kind of knowledge.