Chapter Fourteen

Hailey

We were caught in a trance. Will's eyes were fixed on mine, the bright gold flecks I'd only noticed briefly before so prominent. They sparked and shone in the small amount of sunlight that reached through the trees.

My heart thudded hard. I wanted him to kiss me. I wanted Will Williams to kiss me.

His hand came up to my cheek, stroking the soft skin over the bone. I wanted to stay like this forever, gazing into his eyes and drinking him in.

He tilted his head toward me, suddenly determined. I let my head tilt to his hand, leaning in...in...in...

"Guys!"

Will

"Guys!"

Fuck. I was going to kill Jordan.

Hailey turned away from me to face Jordan and held out her hand. "Pay up," she said. "We won."

"You won't next time," Jordan joked.

"We'll see about that." Hailey gave him a sly smile.

-

We left Fargo Fields after another couple games in which Hailey and I reigned victorious. We all decided to go to Mike's Diner, one of Jordan, Blake and I's favourite places they had real milkshakes and the best burgers.

"I've never been here before," Hailey commented when we pulled into the parking lot.

Jordan and Blake stared at her, mouth dropped open. Silence. Then, "You're kidding, right? Will, tell me she's kidding."

Hailey let out a laugh. "I'm not kidding."

Cue the groans.

"How?"

"What kind of childhood did you have?"

"I can't believe what I'm hearing!"

"Guys. Seriously. We'll just give her the VIP experience," I told them, knowing that'd shut them up.

The VIP experience was the one that consisted of no-holds-barred ordering and eating. We got everything on the menu so the newest initiate to the phenomenon known as Mike's Diner had a favourite from every section. Appetizers, entrees, desserts, etc. And Jordan and Blake were both pigs, so nothing would go to waste.

"VIP?" Hailey asked. I nodded. She smiled, saying, "I'm in."