Chapter Twelve

Hailey

The adrenaline pumped through my veins as I neared Jordan's position. He was close. I spotted him and used the trees to hide myself. Climbing one, I situated myself on a branch, aimed, and let the paint fly.

Pop, pop, pop. Bullseye!

Jordan cried out in mock pain. "Hailey, o fair one! How could you do this, my love?"

"Easy. Any last words?"

"You'll never get away with this!"

"Very funny." I pulled the trigger.

Will

I could hear the sound of leaves under boots. A whistle came from the same direction, and I knew it was okay. Hailey and I had worked out a call sign so we knew that it was the other. This was her.

"Will! I got it!" She raised the flag above her head, victorious.

"Yes! You go, baby girl!" I grinned at her. She ran right at me and into my arms. I hugged her tight. Blood rushed to my head, bringing the thrill of the win, and the awareness that Hailey was there, wrapped in my arms. I gazed into her eyes, twinkling like fireflies in the dark. That radiant smile graced her lips, and my eyes dropped to them. They looked so soft. As if she could read my mind, she bit her lip. Her heart raced against mine. I brushed my thumb across her cheek. "Good one, baby girl."

___________________________A/N

Wow this is a short chapter. I'm posting another, too!

I've decided that goals for votes and stuff is ridiculous, so it's done! However, continue to read and honestly, I really do want feedback so feel free to drop a comment. I also want to say thank you so much for either trying this story or sticking with it. It makes me so happy to see the reads increase and it makes me want to write. Thank you.

See you next time!